6.9 junk yard find!

slideordie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found my first idi in a junkyard the other day! i was wondering if anyone could help point out any parts i coul dpossibly get off of it that would be life savers in the future? i asked how much they wanted for the injection pump and they said $35 that didnt sound too bad. so i would have rebuildable core?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yep, snatch that IP for that price. They are worth like $150 for core price.
The injector lines are a must if they look good. They are worth anywhere from $50-80 each, and those are life savers if you screw them up. If it was a 7.3 I'd say grab the rocker arms, but hopefully you never break your rocker arms.
The fan clutch maybe. Im sure there will be more Im sure.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is it in the yard? Get the whole dang engine!

slideordie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i got the injector pump i was going to take the injector lines off with it. i was thinking maybe the vacuum pump too? if i had the money and place to store the engine id snatch it up but i dont = /

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure grab the vaccum pump, also you might want to grab the oil cooler. How much for the whole engine? Definitely get the pump and injector lines. Wonder how the heads are?

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Leave the lines on the IP when you pull it. Its easier that way, and you never know, they may not charge for the lines.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i got the injector pump i was going to take the injector lines off with it. i was thinking maybe the vacuum pump too? if i had the money and place to store the engine id snatch it up but i dont = /

Where do you live? Maybe somebody would store it for you, or you could broker it.

slideordie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah thats what i planned on doing was leaving the lines on it. i live in the cincinnati ohio area

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
See what you can get the whole engine for. I might be willing to work a deal with you. I have a core IP and lines so I don't need them anyway, but might run over with the trailer and pick up the rest if the price is right. What year is it anyway? I actually don't need it, but would rather pick it up for the right price than to have it melted down, never know what you might need in the future! :)

Find out what they say and let me know. I would need to do it quick, I go in for surgery on the 19th and will be restricted after that for some time as to lifting, etc.