6.9 gear reduction [not delco] starter

bng

Reaction score
have above mentioned starter that turns eng over at normal crank speed for 5-6 revolutions then quits like it has a thermal o/l opening up. a few hrs later it will repeat the perfomance. anyone have a exploded view of this imported starter? many thanks butch

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I don't have any exploded views, but it would help to know which starter you have. It could be a Mitsubishi or a Nippondenso.
This type is the nippondenso and this type is the Mitsubishi

--Robert

bng

Reaction score
thanks for id info regards bng

this exceeds 5 letters happy now?

Fingers77

Reaction score
i have put in 5 starters in mine in the last few months.. the new ones i keep getting are as bad as the old one i take out... i have the mitsubushi kind

hahn_rossman

Hahn Rossman
Reaction score
I'n not sure what the deal is with rebuilding starter motors but my local autoparts store manager actually said that he had terrible results with the rebuilt mitsubishi type starters and didn't stock them. He only sells new ones! The new one I used was way better than the several rebuilts I went thru. Please check trhe condition of your hot and ground cables! You will continue destroying starters if these aren't in good shape. One clue is that the insulation is swollen and the cable is stiff, rather than supple. I'd also make sure no one has substituted some wimpy cable in the past. www.custombatterycables.com has a great rep on this board. The nippondenso will bolt onto the earlier engines and seems more to start better. Good luck.

bng

Reaction score
when veh was 1st puchased it had delco non reduction gear [made in usa] that was xchanged for a r/g mitsu. not having delco core any longer to get repaired at local str/alt shop im stuck with xchange [imports mitsu & nippo] thanks 4 responce bng