6.5 NA Optimizer blue smoke

ba_051

Reaction score
Well, I pulled the intake and looked down to check the intake valve. It was moving normally and the same as the others... SO i then proceeded to pull the valve cover and low and behold, no exhaust pushrod... Jasper, you were right about exhaust side related... I can see the gold ball down next to the lifter and pushrod for cylinder 3, but no pushrod... I dont know where it went lol...

I will pick up a new pushrod and put it all back together. I appreciate everyone's input and help in diagnosing this. Thank you all.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nobody yanks a running motor out of a humvee for *****-n-giggles. nobody.
if you got a smooth idle and it develops a miss as you revi it up and it gets steadily worse, you have a bad injection pump. unliked the ford who uses a stanadyne injector, Bosch injectors are impossible to kill.

We did in the military... Under direction to switch them to a 6.5

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We did in the military... Under direction to switch them to a 6.5
you did when ordered to do so. :D
very different in contrast to waking up one morning and deciding to pull a motor out of a humvee while drinking coffee :D

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you did when ordered to do so. :D
very different in contrast to waking up one morning and deciding to pull a motor out of a humvee while drinking coffee :D

Exactly what I said.. Under direction.

Just saying that people do pull motors out of Humvees for no reason. Some civilians made he same swap for more power but I cannot speak about how they went about it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I said.. Under direction.

Just saying that people do pull motors out of Humvees for no reason. Some civilians made he same swap for more power but I cannot speak about how they went about it.
i'd like to see one of those high HP installs or at least read about it.
even with mediocre HP adds, the planetary halfshafts are blown apart like matchsticks.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.5 had higher HP than the 6.2...that's why the swap was originally directed by the military

I never said anything about a huge power build..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online