6.0 making oil help!!! Not injectors

reh4960

Reaction score
I rebuilt the injectors in my 03 6.0 3 days later oil 10 quarts over full. Put in new injectors few days later oil way over full. Took it to a friend a diesel master tech for ford he pulled injectors put new orings now 250 miles later 2 1/2 quarts over full. Any ideas ????

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some where along the line you are dumping fuel in your oil my guess nicked a seal but I'm far from a 6.0 expert but I've changes a few sets of injectors

reh4960

Reaction score
Thats what I thought but its really unlikely to do that 3 times in a row. I did it twice and had it done once in the past 2 weeks and its getting lots of fuel in oil every time

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I thought but its really unlikely to do that 3 times in a row. I did it twice and had it done once in the past 2 weeks and its getting lots of fuel in oil every time

I've had to do things mutiple times before I realized I messed up each time but I'm trying to think if I can remember other places that fuel my gut be able to get through sorry I'm a bit Rusty on my 6.0

reh4960

Reaction score
For some reason maybe because it was handy i used wd-40 on the orings the first 2 times later read that it's not good for orings at all. Maybe it got down to the inside oring when I sprayed it in the spool valve area to lube top oring and now it's causing them to fail

reh4960

Reaction score
Bought them from a friend he got them on line for 1200 not sure where but they are remans i think that's all you can get for a 6.0

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be bad/cracked/nicked/rolled o-rings, cracked injector, cracked head, or a few other odd/rare things.

Do a bubble test on the fuel system.

Basically, pull the secondary fuel filter and leave the cap off. Then fill the fuel filter housing with fuel(you can key on for this or fill from a jug).

Then with the key out of the ignition, use the starter wire on the passenger side fender to jump the starter.

This will crank the engine but will not attempt to fire it.

Crank it over for 30-45 seconds. Watch for bubbles in the fuel filter housing.

If you have bubbles, then you have a leak to chase down. If there aren’t any bubbles, then allow the starter to cool down and repeat the test.

Repeat it several times-leaving time for the starter to cool in between.

If after several cycles, there are no bubbles, then come back here and we’ll give you another direction.

If there are bubbles, then the next step is to idiopathic which bank they are coming from.

To do that, you will isolate the fuel lines and repeat the test.

reh4960

Reaction score
Probably has to be its just really odd that it happened 3 times in a row 2 sets of injectors and 3 sets of o-rings

reh4960

Reaction score
I will give that a try asap probably tomorrow night or Friday been busy with work. If there are no bubbles and no leak what else could it possibly be. The truck ran great until i decided to do injectors due to slight stiction when cold. Still runs good just making oil

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I thought mine ran good too. One injector failed on the fuel side, not getting fuel at all, then several failed buzz test (on a warm engine), then many showed bad on a balance test....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

reh4960

Reaction score
ok so I pulled top fuel filter filled bowl and cranked it over with the starter wire for 30 seconds. Repeated this 4 times and watched closely and did not see any bubbles now really stumped.

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another option is to pull the valve covers and run the truck stationary. Watch to see if you’re getting fuel in rocker box area around the injectors.

As much as you’re diluting your oil with fuel, if the bubble test isn’t showing any signs and it can’t be spotted under the valve covers ...

I’d would look into having the injectors tested. It’s possible that you’re washing your cylinder walls down and the fuel is going past the rings.

reh4960

Reaction score
I'll pull the covers and look again my mechanic friend looked before and didn't see anything but maybe I'll put compressed air through the head and look. The truck starts really good and has good power and no contribution codes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online