6.0 liter

Mastertech

Car Doc
Reaction score
Wasn't it midway through 2003 when the 6.0L came out.

The first 03's still had the 7.3L in them.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, and I believe all the troublesome 6.0's were from the late 03 build dates to the very early 04 build dates.

Mastertech

Car Doc
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
Yes, and I believe all the troublesome 6.0's were from the late 03 build dates to the very early 04 build dates.

That was my understanding as well.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rcannon
My build date was December 07, 2002 No issues. :D

The more I read about these trucks, the more I realize that there are not as many issues as some people make it out to be... Yeah, there has been programing up the *****... But for the most part, they seem to be good motors.

Rcannon

Go Cards!
Reaction score
to be honest... I don't beat mine up, matter of fact, I don't even tow with it anymore. I sold my boat, and have no desire for another. I really don't need a diesel, but I'm not selling out either.
Best truck I have ever owned

ps.. reflashed only once...

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rcannon
My build date was December 07, 2002 No issues. :D

Russ,

Good info, I didnt realize that there were 02 build dates on the 6ohs. Nice to hear that there are good one out there as well.

Mike

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I treated mine like a red headed step child and since 2K it had between +115-160 at the wheels. I had it re-flashed one time and that was it motor wise. I changed the oil every 7-10K with the egr disconnected and never changed the tranny fluid or filters.

You can tell when the motor was built by the sticker on the left head and mine was born on 18 May 03. I personally wouldn't have anything April 03 or younger.

Mastertech

Car Doc
Reaction score
Originally posted by ISurvivedNMU
The more I read about these trucks, the more I realize that there are not as many issues as some people make it out to be... Yeah, there has been programing up the *****... But for the most part, they seem to be good motors.

You may be right, seems like most people don't post unless there is a problem so thats all you hear about are problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88