3G alternator p/n

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find the part number for the 3g alternator that already has the dual vbelt pulleys for a 1990..

Is this it?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/New-3G-Alter...-7-3-130-AMP-/401258487106?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

That back plug makes it look off to me.. I don't have my 6.9 today to look and see if this matches but if anyone has used it or could verify it for me it would be greatly appreciated.

My old 1g is really dragging and making the belts screech in the mornings when its charging back up after starting it's pretty embarrassing. I know it's not my ac or power steering and after about 10 minutes it stops and all my belts are new and tight so it seems to be the most likely culprit. Figure it's a good excuse to do the 3g swap not really "losing" anything if it ends up being something else.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks like the one I used. Pretty sure i found the part number on an older post here. It was a simple swap. I used 2/0 battery cable and heavy duty FTZ marine grade power lugs, which is overkill, and ran the charge wire to a 250A MegaFuse and then 2/0 to the battery. The 2/0 is a bit stiff but it worked. I found the power lugs to be so large that I had to grind away some of the plastic that surrounds the stud on the rear of the alternator. Also you need to buy either a 1.25 or 1.5 inch M8 bolt for the upper alternator mount, the lower swaps just fine. There were a couple good threads on this over at FTE. Good luck!

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got one thats almost brand new id sell you for $50 plus shipping

if your using it on a truck thats not already a 3g truck you gotta do some wiring mods im pretty sure mine has the pig tail also id include if so

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one I used was for a 429 tall deck. I ended up pulling the pulley and using the 1g pulley with a washer spacer behind.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here they are side by side.