2wd zf5 to divorced transfercase

199372IDI

Reaction score
I need help guys!!! Can you tell me what parts i will need and how to hook this up..I have a 2wd zf5 and need to know how to hook up a divorced transfer case..

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
youll need a divorced case, make a mount, install an intermediate shaft and remote transfer case shifter.

paulb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um that's fairly detailed for what your asking.

You will have to do custom fabrication work to get that divorced case in there and you will need to make a new short shaft from the transmission to the divorced case and more than likely a new shaft from the transfer case to the rear and front diff.

To shift the transfercase you will most likely need a cable shift twin stick setup.

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
I am not at all throwing cold water on you , however if you are this much of a novice, you might want to find someone to do this for you. If you do it yourself;; start by removing the bed so you can build the crossmember and mount the transfer just to the rear of the cab. Haveing done several of these as well as installing the Brown aux 3speed trans, You will have to fabricate the crossmember to handle it as well as make a shifter and linkages. This is certainly not an afternoon project nor is it something to be started in the driveway!
Foxman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx