2018 Oilburners Rally Location

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing that sucks about reserving so early is now I'm ready to go and it's still ages away. At least this year the idi has a garage to hide in so I won't worry as much about something breaking over winter and getting messed up before the rally. Sitting outside makes you drive it and driving it in pa winters means 10% of the truck will be missing by spring. Will be nice to drive it only when it's dry this winter.
I'm laughing so hard at 10% of truck being gone!

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm laughing so hard at 10% of truck being gone!

It's all fun and games, until you start seeing the road through your floorboards.

I'd laugh too if I hadn't dealt with it first hand. Road salt SUCKS

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all fun and games, until you start seeing the road through your floorboards.

I'd laugh too if I hadn't dealt with it first hand. Road salt SUCKS
I was laughing in empathy. Ask Goose why he has my truck! Whole tub rotted out :( and that is why I sold the other centurion. I could never live any further south but this rust belt costs a lot!!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was laughing in empathy. Ask Goose why he has my truck! Whole tub rotted out :( and that is why I sold the other centurion. I could never live any further south but this rust belt costs a lot!!

Yes it does. It was almost painful walking through a junkyard in Texas with a friend of mine seeing what they called "too rusty". Most of our trucks up here look worse after 5 years than theirs look after 35.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it does. It was almost painful walking through a junkyard in Texas with a friend of mine seeing what they called "too rusty". Most of our trucks up here look worse after 5 years than theirs look after 35.

Their parts trucks are better than the ones we drive.:D

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their parts trucks are better than the ones we drive.:D

:p

But seriously y’all have some clean trucks too! Around here the driveline on these trucks are usually tired out and the body and frame will survive, seems like it’s the other way around up there

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:p

But seriously y’all have some clean trucks too! Around here the driveline on these trucks are usually tired out and the body and frame will survive, seems like it’s the other way around up there

We already talked about that. I'm starting to think I need to get some engines from @Dieselcrawler and head down to see you lol!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some horse trading to be had. I can see plots hatching around the campfire as long as the wives aren’t listening too close. LOL

I'm not so sure mine wouldn't want to come along! We could both use a nice vacation!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bring her along just get someone to distract her while the deals are being done. ;Sweet

My wife would shoot me if I brought something else home right now. LOL

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife would shoot me if I brought something else home right now. LOL

Mine would too... unless I get rid of something :(

Truthfully, I want an idi bronco. But I think I'd better tie up a couple other projects first. I only have 2 vehicles without engines installed and 1 that needs a complete restore... plus my F350... Yeah, I need to get some work done!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm actually put some thought into this last night, I could locate trucks, @towcat could bring down heathy drivelines and leave with running, rust free IDIs :rolleyes:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
I may have another junk one soon. Another parts truck. 86 f350 cclb 4x4 I am hoping to get. Oil cooler has been off it for years, and no air cleaner on it. But I grabbed the belts and it did turn so it isn't rusted up.....