2015 golf TDI...?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yep. FIL passed it along right after I posted. Lol
From what I understand, $5100 minimum for those that choose to fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mikepotts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So If i understand this the first column is the buy back amount and the second column is the repair and keep it settlement amount.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would laugh at anyone who talked crap, I got a prius C that gets 50+ regularly highway and city and heard plenty of it from guys. Then I laugh my ass off at them when they want to carpool because their POS gets 10-20 :rotflmao. Back when I wanted the TDIs they were much more in price here, plus diesel was at least a buck higher than regular, but if I had one I wouldn't be ashamed.

Some article: "Volkswagen invested millions to develop a NOx trap. The trap soaks up nitrous oxide and nitrogen dioxide like a sponge. Once the trap is full, the system can inject a dose of fuel before releasing exhaust substances. The fuel reacts with the NOx to form benign substances, Herner said. Typically, the filter only runs for about 10 seconds, once every 10 minutes, Herner said. (They may also run their combustion differently at certain points to lower emissions.)" All VW did was disable it except when being tested, to improve fuel economy/power probably. Apparently you could fix it by changing the coding, and probably pocket all that $$$

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Basically. (To both posts. Lol)
But it's a little deeper than just the NOx filter.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Looks like you guys already got it. Yes, the first column is for the buy it back, second is the fix pay out. Then you add or subtract for options (at the bottom), then you adjust for mileage.

If your fix it price is less than $5100 there is more involved, but yes, I believe thats the min.

A full exhaust is a grand IIRC, a tune $500. I'll take my $5900 and spend it on those, then pocket the (nearly) $4k excess. All smiles here ;Sweet

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yup.
I'll be switching to Malone or gde tuning. Kerma won't do deletes.
Will also be doing a dsg tune.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
All emissions functions can be deleted.
Malone himself recommends leaving the EGR, as winter time the cars won't heat up like they need to. (In his experience)
I'd be doing a full exhaust, probably some sort of muffler. Maybe just say screw it and go straight pipe.

mikepotts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i see my buy back offer dwindling! about 2 months ago i was the victim of a hit and run, they caught the moron that ran into me and scratched the front bumper up pretty good (not bad, a bumper repaint would fix), the insurance is still working on that dude (no insurance Grrr), and this morning some neanderthal (mid 90's full size chevy) tried to run over top of me on I275s in knoxville... NOT KIDDING, he came flying up on me, slowed for a second, then hit my bumper and tried pushing me down the road i locked up the service brakes and ****** the E brake until i could get him to stop, got out and asked, "what in the world is your problem bud?!" he just looked out the window at me, put it in reverse to clear my car, and drove away! the guy behind him was in as much disbelief as me, he gave me his name and number as a witness, OH... and i DID happen to get a pic of his truck and license plate. rear bumper is smashed and tag lighting is displaced, it doesnt look like any other damage... this poor car doesnt stand a chance with me!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online