2014 cummins 6.7 anti freeze smell no leak

Robert Barreras

Reaction score
I have a anti freeze smell. I have taken to dealer they can't find any leak. Continue to smell anti freeze. Sensor tells me it full. But my nose smells anti freeze strong oder outside truck no smell inside. Anybody having the same smell ? Is it normal as the dealer says. I never smelled this on previous trucks owned.

Skidtech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are still having this problem you might check the turbo for residue. It can seep from the turbo but would burn off before it hit the ground.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've replaced a few upper radiator hoses on these. They weep where the molded plastic T is on the bottom side. Kind of hard to see it leaking, and often times won't show up when cold.
Usually have to be towing fast and heavy for them to do it, but yeah, each one you could smell but had trouble finding due to the location and size of the leak.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pressure wash the engine bay pretty good and take it for a good pull see what looks wet and dirty also iv seen the rear o the head on number 6 weep just enough to smell but was noticed at servicing because I check all fluids

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online

No members online now.