2007, E-350, 6.0L 13k miles

Eli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a cargo van, not a passenger van - and the 6.0 is rather problematic.

Eli

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily, I had a 6.0 diesel in my 2004 F-350 and the engine never did anything outside of normal. I had a FICM go bad but that was not the engine's problem. I did regular 5000 mile oil and filter changes and this worked perfectly! There have been many 6.0 engines with problems but not mine. THEY ALL ARE NOT BAD!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, I would have no problem buying it. My 6.0 has been going strong for me for over 12 years. Normal maintenance, and don't turn them up they are fine.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Key word is maintenance. One could go many miles in stock form. Have a buddy with one at 300k+ and is having injector/hpo issues, but it was error of the PO using cheap parts. Not studded, egr/cooler delete, been tuned for a long time. Have another buddy in a similar situation but lower miles. Think his is around 250k. He has a buddy that's a "mobile mechanic" that screwed him out of money on inferior parts. Also not studded, all stock except a tune turning off the egr.
So the takeaway is maintenance and quality parts.
Mine was studded/deleted, all I did was alt, batteries, injectors (again a installation error, part of the copper washer was left in the hole), and I had the hpop spit out the end plate snapring. I can guarantee you one thing, I don't drive anything easy. I would consider another one in the future.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk