2006 tdi

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys just wondering if this year has any upgraded injectors? i can seem to find much for this year it seems to be a transitional year
thanks in advance

Zrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Their are upgraded injectors out their just cant remember the websites at the moment. Should be easy to find as over the last severall months allot of parts have become available for the 06. What have you done to yours so far? From what iv seen the cost of the injectors and the gains you can get alot better bang for your buck than injectors. I have mine chipped and if i turn the chip up all the way i cannot keep teh tires from spinning no matter what. And i have a good set of aftermarket tires and rims on this thing

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha its boone stock but all i can find is injectors up to 03, and this is my gfs car and she doesent want a whole lot done to it, but well c...

02AutoWag

Reaction score
2003 and older TDIs are injector friendly.

The 2004-2006 TDIs do not need injector upgrades unless you are pushing all sorts of other mods. The stock fuel system in the 04-06 models can push plenty of fuel with a software change. You're in Maryland, take a drive over to see this guy and get chipped. He was a former member (crew chief) of the recently disbanded RallyVW team. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=270620

Oliver knows his stuff. http://www.dieselpowermag.com/features/0610dp_2006_biodiesel_volkswagen_golf/index.html

Zrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could always run the Diesel Power module. Thats what im running and its awsome. More power than i need... Now im also ordering the Boost fooler to bump up the turbo presure.... Both modules only take about 5 -10 min to install and just as quick to remove... And their customer service is top notch

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha it all sounds good but ill have to do some negotiating with the girl....
does anyone know if the "evry mod" works for the 2006? or only up too 03?

Zrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 06 is a totaly difrent beast from the 2005.5's and under... Im sure your GF would love it if you blew up her car... Just go with a chip or tuner box and play it safe... These cars have lots of power it just needs to be unlocked... If i turn the chip up i can give any car a run for its money. With the DSG and the chip turned up to 4 or 5 out of 16 possible settings i am getting tire spin out of 4 gears... and get yourself a set of guages to watch things with im using the scanguageII works well and is small

Zrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hehe ... darn and i was just watching that the other day... i think just normal driving with the chip turned down im around 7-12... But when i put the chip on my summer setting hehe iv seen it spike as high as 28-29. Thats why im putting in the boost fooler it should stop the spikes and give me a higher presure for just playing around...And will also stop my over boost problem

Zrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya surprised me to.. I think this summer im going to upgrade the sway bars to... With my aftermarket rims and tires this thing handles like a sports car. Now to tighten it up even more..hehe

02AutoWag

Reaction score
For TDI reference:
1998(9.5)-2003 - ALH motor, VE fueling system (rotary mechanical)
2004-2005 - BEW motor, PD fueling system (unit injectors)
2005.5-2006(7) - BRM motor, PD fueling system (unit injectors)
2009-2010 - CBEA motor, CR fueling system (Common Rail)

So for all questions relating to your 2006 car, refer to it as a PD and everyone will know what you're talking about (www.tdiclub.com).

The evry mod is just a resistor to fool the computer into putting more fuel in. The "Diesel Power module" referenced above is just that...similar to the "Boost fooler" referenced above...they're just fooling around. Oh, and check out the price on those things...http://www.dieseltuning.ca/modules/digipd.html and http://www.dieseltuning.ca/modules/digi_tpc.html You're looking at almost $1000 to do what a $350 chip tune will do...

The Rocketchip tune you get from Oliver (www.torquejunkie.com and the brains behind Rocketchip, Jeff Robertson) is an in depth retune of a number of different maps of the ECU. They adjust fueling duration, fueling timing, boost pressures, etc... they can even adjust the way the power comes on by tweeking the way the drive-by-wire fuel pedal interacts, there's a ton of tweeks they are able to make. This really is your best bet...count yourself lucky that you live so close to gain personal access. We on the West Coast have to gather 20-30 people in one weekend in order to get a person Rocketchip visit and tune.

Zrock, what year is your TDI?
28-29 psi...surprised it's not leaking already.
The stock PDs are pushing things when they get to a sustained 20psi, I think they target 18psi on a entry tune, stock is near 14psi I believe.

Zrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving a 2006... you would be surprised what a VW can handle... They like to be driven hard. After working at a shop for years it was always the ones that were baby'd that broke down or killed the turbo's...

I actually went with the chip i did for 2 reasons. when i put it in their was no one out their advertising a custome tuen for a VW And i searched everyware and talked to all my vendors... And also my location. Im out in the middle of no ware and about 6 hours from a major town. So with the tuner box if anything went wrong i could pop it out and be good to go... made way more sence...

Actually when i started moding this jetta their was almost nothing out their for them they were so new...

RCS

Reaction score
97ifi- I just bought a 2006 on purpose last Saturday, Feb 8th, after a ton of research. VW completely went thru the TDI engine and updated it for 2006. The design would have stayed the way they did it, but the FED came out with new EPA demands for particulate pollutants in 2007 (actually 2006 & 1/2). So this single year engine is known as the BRM. It was only made this year so it is in demand for those who want to convert and want the newer type 'clean diesel.' It is very difficult to convert a 2007+ TDI without breaking federal regulations. If you want a newer TDI and do a conversion without a lot of hassles and dealing with addon equiptment, the 2006 is THE choice.