2006 6.0L WARNING!

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Two weeks ago a guy that i work with bought this truck......http://www.autoextremeinc.com/inven...350+SRW+Crew+Cab+156"+XL+4WD+Downers+Grove+IL

he drove it home and put about 600 miles on it when he noticed that there was a ton of fuel in the coolant(coolant was CLEAN when he bought it). The cold starts were also horrific! he got in touch with the seller and they said bring it back(guy at work lives near Detroit, the seller is down near Chicago). So he drove it back down there and took it to a Ford dealer and had their diesel mechanic run a bunch of tests on the truck. tomorrow i will have the entire list that the ford tech gave my friend but some of the stuff that needed replacing was every part in the cooling system, all eight injectors, FICM, both heads, oil cooler, egr cooler. the final quote for repairs was over $10,000! The seller said they were gonna make it right(in a way they did). when the seller saw the quote from the Ford dealer they said, "let me have one of my mechanics take a look at it". My friend laughed in their face. In the end he got most of his money back and the seller took the truck back. the link that i posted above is newly listed since my friend got rid of it. originally they had it listed for $15,999 and now it is listed for $16,999:rotflmao.

All i am trying to say here is that you should not deal with this dealer and this truck would most likely be a money pit. The ONLY way this truck would be worth it is if you got the truck for well under $10K, which WILL NOT happen. Also this is to get the word out about the seller. sucks about the truck but it can be fixed, the dealer is a giant ****. This is not the first time things like this have happened with this dealer. the car lot name checks out good on google search but the owner of the places name yeilds ugly results on the internet.

SPREAD THE WORD!!!

Last edited:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first impression is that Ford Dealer is as phony as the Used car dealer. Just because the coolant system is full of fuel is no reason to replace all those parts. If just one injector O'ring's gave out or the injector copper seat cracked, that would allow fuel into the coolant system. Ford dealers like that sure give Ford a bad name, that dealer should be reported to Ford customer relations.

Last edited:

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
the dealer tested the injector cups and they are fine. the only other option is cracked head/s. The FICM was found bad b/c of batteries being run down. when the ficm is replaced re-evaluation of the injectors is needed.

tractorman86

Reaction score
yes most likley cracked heads but no reason for a $10,000 bill even at a stealership... i would report them directly to ford!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
fuel in cooling system means EVERY hose and rubber part of the system needs to be replaced. those hoses aint designed for fuel. just ask me how i know.

::walks away grumbling about 72 feet of heater hose in a school bus...::

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online