2003 f250 6.0 won't turn over.

jka1963918

Reaction score
My son pulled into the yard and he said the truck died like you turned off the key.When you turn the key on all the lights come on and the sound of the pump charging the sytem but it won't try to start,won't click or anything. All the gauges come up but the glow plug light will not go out.I have a bully dog controller and 205,000 miles on this trck and it runs like a scalded dog always very strong with no problems.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Do the simple like checking fuses, the starter, and try turning the engine by hand.

Being a 6.0 with a bullydog, you better check the oil and coolant.
Could've popped the headgaskets.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always pull and load test the batteries independently just to be sure they are not playing a role in the problems.

See if the engine will crank by putting power directly to the starter:

There is a yellow with light blue striped colored wire adjacent to the passenger side battery in the engine compartment, near the vacuum pump that has a "squeeze-and-pull" type connection. Disconnect it, and jump the male end of the connector to the passenger side battery positive terminal. The starter should crank when you do this.

Try starting it with the fan clutch disconnected.

Lastly check (specifically) fuse F2-22

jka1963918

Reaction score
The yellow wire trick turned over motor and the fuse was blown ,replaced and almost started then blew again,what could be causing the blown fuse ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online