2002 7.3 No Power Until Warm

Gage Spenny

Reaction score
I'm currently working on a 2002 E-450 7.3l powerstroke. I recently replaced all 8 injectors due to 4 of them failing the buzz test and no power until truck was warm.. Once injectors were replaced, there hasn't been much of an improvement whatsoever. After warming up for 15-20 mins, the truck seems to run a lot better. Below is a list of all parts that were replaced while installing the new injectors... Any help would be appreciated, i'm at a loss. Truck occasionally throws the P1211 code while under load and shows cylinder #1,#2, and #6 weak under cylinder contribution test. Truck has 115k miles

1. 8 fuel injectors
2. icp sensor
3. ipr valve
4. high pressure hoses
5. fuel bowl
6. fuel filter (has 60 psi coming from pump)
7. valve cover gaskets
8. glow plugs
9. map sensor
10. exhaust pressure sensor

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first guess is the EBPV...if it is still operational (not gutted...a great mod btw) I would disconnect the rod going the EBPV and wire it open. See if the truck runs better cold.

second guess would be the in-tank screens...have they ever been cleaned? Have you measured fuel pressure under load only at idle?

Gage Spenny

Reaction score
In tank screens are clear of debris, fuel pressure doesn’t drop below 50psi wot.. ebpv stays open for the most part unless it’s freezing, but if anything it only shuts for a couple minutes

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In tank screens are clear of debris, fuel pressure doesn’t drop below 50psi wot.. ebpv stays open for the most part unless it’s freezing, but if anything it only shuts for a couple minutes

115k is increadibly low miles for injector or engine problems unless the service history is spotty.

I'd still try removing the EBPV from the equation...if that valve is closed you will have ZERO power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online