2001 dodge dually.. Has lift, Want stock

Travis91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking at a 2001 dodge dually.. it has a 5 inch skyjacker lift.. I want to take the lift off, and put it back to factory if i buy it.. What will i need to buy to replace the lift with?

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on how it was lifter, lift blocks? or just springs, you would need factory pitman arm, factory shock absorbers, is this a 4x4?

Travis91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just trying to figure out what all i would need for my mechanic to take the lift off, and have the complete lift kit left so i could sell the lift..

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o ok, sure it has lift leaf springs in the front so you will need the factory springs as well, and in the rear if he used blocks then you can just remove the blocks but if it has lift leaf springs in the rear also then you will have to get the factory rear leaf springs, i always will recommend putting new u bolts when unbolting a leaf spring but some people dont, there could also be a drop bracket on the driveshaft depending on how long it is for drivline angle but that can just be removed, there really isnt much more to it, i would need pics to see if i missed anything, is this just a suspension lift or does it have a body lift as well?

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
add a leaf
coils
pitman arm
shock absorbers

i was looking at some pics of different kits on the dodge trucks and looks like most of them also use raised steering knuckles also, i would look for a pic to see whats on the truck, there are some brackets on there to it seems, sounds like allot of work and might not really be worth it if you have to buy all the factory parts to put back on the truck,