1996 Dodge 1500 help

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Truck: 1996 Dodge 1500, 5.2L, auto trans. sorry don't know what trans it has.

my dad was coming home from work the other day and said that when he was driving along he would just barely touch the brake pedal and the RPM's would jump up.

i don't know how high up it would jump. mabey tomorrow i will take it for a drive and see what the rpm's do.

any ideas?
thanks

Last edited:

linkfarms

IDI Addiction
Reaction score
trans should be 46re i could be wrong tho
if would code read it first re is electronic

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Mod's: like i said, i know it was the wrong section, but it would be nice if you could let the OP know where it has been moved to.

if i had known that it was going to have been moved(i guess i should have), i would not have even asked about it. no offense to anybody in the dodge section but the last post in this section before my thread was last october. i was asking in the ford section due to the good activity in there. that was the point. if nobody reads the issue then you won't get help.

sorry for "challenging" the mod's ability to move threads, but it ****** me off. i do realize that you can't have everything though.

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It ****** me off when someone KNOWINGLY posts in the wrong section and then whines about not being notified where it was moved to.

Lets see, you posted about a Dodge gas engine.....hmmm, wonder where that post went?

Next time? In the trash and you'll find yourself not able to get in the front door here.

Clear?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
It ****** me off when someone KNOWINGLY posts in the wrong section and then whines about not being notified where it was moved to.

Lets see, you posted about a Dodge gas engine.....hmmm, wonder where that post went?

Next time? In the trash and you'll find yourself not able to get in the front door here.

Clear?

clear.

so if i post something in the wrong section next time i will be banned or just if i whine about it? (not try to be a smart ass with that question, just want to make sure)

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so if i post something in the wrong section next time i will be banned or just if i whine about it? (not try to be a smart ass with that question, just want to make sure)

Both, you knowingly and flagrantly posted in the wrong section and then challenged a moderator about it being moved. You didn't ask my permission to post in the wrong forum, I sure as hell won't ask your permission to move a post on my site!

I'm tired of the IDI section being a dumping grounds because people are too lazy to post in the proper forum. You can find YouTube links, craigslist ads, eBay ads, happy birthday wishes, PSD related stuff, Cummins related stuff and all sorts of off topic bs in that forum. Stop and think about a new guy who might be searching for an answer to a problem and he has to wade through all the bs for an hour or more and he either A) ends up leaving because he can't find the answer or B) starts a new thread on a topic that he should have been able to find in a simple search.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52464
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51870
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50136
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48957

Based on which forum these 4 threads were posted at, why have i not been banned yet for aiding in the clogging of the IDI section?

since i am sure i am on my last leg here, i understand that a ban will prevent my username from working, but will my IP address be banned as well preventing me from just reading threw the forums on here without being logged on. i will say that this is a great forum for the IDI engine. plenty of people that are more than happy to help out. like i said i feel that this might be one of my lasts posts on this site.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear '94IDITurbo7.3: Mike's being pretty pointed and you aren't getting it so I'm going to give you some free advice. This is the part where you politely apologize and stand down. At the end of the day, it's Mike's train set and he's told you that your actions are irritating him, and bringing up the fact that you've done it over and over again doesn't make it ok. In fact, it appears that you're only succeeding in making him more irritated.

I hope you figure it out quickly as I'm sure somebody already has their hand on the ban button.

Good luck.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Problem solved:

the other day i drove the truck to see if i could get it to act up. did not happen once.

got home and told dad. he said oh well.

yesterday he asked me if i was still on the throttle while i tapped the brakes. i said no. i told him that it is normal for the revs to jump up when you do that. i don't know the details of it but from what i have learned on hear it is normal.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why in the heck was there a dumb argument in this thread i come here to learn not read about an argument between a moderator and a user.
lets just follow the rules on here and learn so we can keep our trucks on the road.

Thanks mike for straightening things out mike.

'94IDITurbo7.3

I can see why you would be frusterated on not getting answers about your issue but we all must follow the rules, ive been a member for over 3.5 almost 4 years now and this is great forum and it needs to continue to grow

we all must learn the hard way, with wrenches and ratchets and screw drivers and nuts (no pun intended) and bolt.

anyways, the only thing I can think of to your problem was maybe you had a leak in the master cylinder or maybe you had a leak in the vacuum line that goes to ur master cylinder.

if you notice when your engine does idle, and you pump ur break really fast ur RPM's go up slightly this is due to (air) entering the intake manifold, that is not being governed by the IACV (idle air control valve) or the butterfly/Throttle valve.

also why we are on the break subject in this forum, is it me or has anyone noticed on a Dodge truck between 1994 or 93 to 2003 sometimes after it rains and their moisture in the air the breaks seem to lock up even by slightly taping on the breaks what is that about ive had that happen on all my dodges.

thanks

Fordman41291/Ken Klein
Liberty, TN

Last edited:

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
1996 and up used 46RE. Most 1995 and all 1994 used a 46RH. Assuming the engine is a V8.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online