1993 F350 2wd uneven tire wear

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The passenger tire is very worn down on the outer edge of the tire and still brand new on the inside and the drivers tire has even wear so not real sure how to fix this. Going down the road it always wants to pull right.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
as you can see it looks like the space between the 2 parts are different the side with the problem is the one with the bigger gap

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do your lower ball joints look? Give the wheel a good shake with the trick jacked up. May need new joints and even camber sleeves.

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I jacked it up and checked both side and tried shacking it as hard as possible and could not get any play at all in any of the bushings. There seems to be a very small amount of play in the bearings but that's it.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to an alignment shop. If they are any good, they will check the frontend first for any bad parts. They will then come out and tell you what's bad if anything, and then you can find out how much it will cost. Most shops will let you take it back home and do the work yourself, charging you a small fee for checking it out. Once you get the work done, you take it back in and they align it.

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked a few shops around me and there all a minimum of 2 weeks out and I'll be taking a 900 mile trip to FL before then. Was trying to see if there was a quick way to solve the problem myself.

rsaltaresjr

Reaction score
Looks like the camber bushing is already maxed out for camber in. If you’re certain that the ball joints are still serviceable, then you will need a new camber bushing with a more aggressive negative angle. One other possibility is that the ttb pivot bushing is shot.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked a few shops around me and there all a minimum of 2 weeks out and I'll be taking a 900 mile trip to FL before then. Was trying to see if there was a quick way to solve the problem myself.

They hate messing with these trucks. Busting the balljoint loose and replacing that eccentric is a real pain. Did they ask you what vehicle you had, and then give you the 2 week deal?

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firestone has a lifetime alignment for around $200, they say you can come 2x a year but I've gone more than that when doing suspension work on my car. A good investment when a 2 wheel alignment runs near $60

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firestone has a lifetime alignment for around $200, they say you can come 2x a year but I've gone more than that when doing suspension work on my car. A good investment when a 2 wheel alignment runs near $60

That's just toe adjustment for that price. Be careful and ask to see the computer readout from the alignment machine. Most places will adjust the toe and send it out the door. Expect to see at least $150 for a true alignment when they have to bust the joints loose. Expect it to be more if they have to order new eccentrics and install them when they come in.

Not all trucks need the serious version, but by this time most of these trucks have enough miles on them that all the ttb joints are worn out and need replacing. When that is done, it's difficult to avoid a full blown adjustment job. But in the end you are rewarded with a nice steering truck with good tire wear. It is possible, believe or not, with the ttb frontend.