1993 F250 7.3 IDI fuel return line to tank

screwhead

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a replacement for the return line that goes from fuel injectors to the tank? It runs along the frame. I have a hole and significant leak in mine right as the line meets the frame, further down from the 3/8 hose that is connected to housing on left side of engine block

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Could you just cut it and then slide some rubber fuel line over to connect the two pieces? There's very little pressure in that line. You may not even need clamps, but as much as fuel costs these days, I'd use them just to keep ahold of all you can.

screwhead

Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO I could, but I also have a significant leak from the 3/8th hose that goes to housing on engine block, and definitely need to replace that. Was worried about pulling on that hose much in case I further damage the lower hose which seems like it is some kind of hard/metal line wrapped in rubber hose correct?

Minuteman96

Reaction score
My feed line from my rear tank up past my selector valve is rubber line. It’s held up for almost a year now. You’d probably be fine to cut the existing line and slide on some rubber line.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I plan on running nicopp tube and rubber on the ends when I replace my fuel lines. They sell the nylon fuel hose, but I don't particularly care for it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO I could, but I also have a significant leak from the 3/8th hose that goes to housing on engine block, and definitely need to replace that. Was worried about pulling on that hose much in case I further damage the lower hose which seems like it is some kind of hard/metal line wrapped in rubber hose correct?
I think that's right. I've replaced that hose before. What I did was to slice the hose lengthwise where it attaches to the lower part. Then I carefully slid it off of the inner piece. After that, I just replaced the entire thing with rubber line up to where it attaches to the fitting on the engine and put a hose clamp on both ends.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has all push loc hose, I moved the filter head to the frame and ran a 6.5 lift pump tho. There is many ways to skin the cat and this how I did it.

You must be registered for see images attach

screwhead

Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO @chillman88 Am working on replacing my return line from Fuel Selector Valve to engine block, any idea on how to take line off of fuel selector valve? Seems like it should just pull off but worried I’ll break something as I’ve read that some have a kind of “quick disconnect”

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the stock factory plastic fuel lines, they are held on with a plastic clip. You can pry up on the clip to remove it, and the fuel line pulls right off.

Don`t worry if you break the clip, new one`s can be picked up ant most auto supplies. The brand is usually Dorman.

Supply fuel line is 3/8" and return is 5/16".