1992 F250 XLT w/ATS 088 and Rough Country 4" lift... pinholed... CA. Trade?

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came out one morning some years ago, tried to start my truck and failed to turn it over. Checked my 7.3's oil and got coolant. I've been too busy to work on it and now I have no more time. Need to either sell or store. This is a great truck with tons of mods. No secrets, just a great truck that needs a motor. I need to sell it, store it (will pay), or trade my 1982 300SD for your engine donor. (It needs interior love and paint, but it's straight and it runs like a mad *******.)

My truck is a Super Cab, so it's got Dana 50 front and 10.25 Full-Floater Sterling rear. Transmission is E4OD automatic 4-speed, gear ratio is 3.55:1. Rear is LSD, filled with lucas oil, LSD works without chattering. All 4x4 works including going into low range. Stainless mile marker manual hubs, 130A taurus alt, uhaul harness, freshly rebuilt turbo, paint mediocre, interior pretty good except trim strips and driver's seat cushion. lots of new/rebuilt/maintained stuff like new steering box and pump, all wheel bearings, all brakes, steering column rebuilt. 16" American Racing Alloys, straight. 35" **** Cepek Mountaincats, old. Double steering damper. Electric EGT/set point controller, analog boost gauge. Cobra CB, four-channel music amplifier with line-in. Full towing kit including tekonsha voyager controller and 7 pin connector. New headlight housings, headlight harness mod. Fumoto oil drain. Custom 3" intake. Winch mount front bumper, stock rear bumper welded to hitch. New shackle mount rear right. Poly bushings in Dana 50. International cooling filter head mounted next to fuel filter. Tailgate replaced with a good one. Nippon-Denso heavy duty starter motor. Fresh IP. Fresh ZD9 glow plugs. Replaced wiper motor. Super Duty driveshaft with replaced carrier bearing. Probably more good stuff I can't think of right now.

Parts included, not mounted: gooseneck hitch, double front shock hoops, Bosch fog lights. IP and injectors from a 1987 that had bad bearings. Some other assorted stuff.

Tools available, possibly included: Tall jack stands. Fox valley timing light adapter and hydrometers to measure cetane for doing timing correctly. HF diesel compression tester with homemade grease gun hose adapter to connect to 6.9 and 7.3 IDI. Some timing light with a weird looking pickup that the guy I got the spare fuel system stuff from said worked to time his 7.3. Fiddly J-shaped wrench for doing turbo bolts. Homemade box for adjusting FIPL sensor.

A/C doesn't work, blower only works on high. Needs CB Antenna mounted, but included. Some minor damage to bed around front stake pockets, repairable. Rear fuel sending unit doesn't work, but selector valve does. Engine, obviously, shot.

Kelseyville, 95451

Open to trades... but only involving both my F250 AND my 300SD. I have too many cars. Looking for any 4WD pickup (straight across) or a 199x pusher school bus with 8.3 Cummins and Allison transmission (MTxxx or HTxxx, not ATxxx) (Have cash to couple with my vehicles.)

Make an offer, come and get it. Currently posted on CL at 1750. I hate to see it go at all, but I can't keep it where I'm moving.

You must be registered for see images attach

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This truck is going to wind up at the wreckers if someone doesn't speak up soon...
quite honestly, the logistics of where you are, what it needs, and what you want for it, doesn't pencil out. it needs a motor but you asking for a running truck price.
pm me your bottom line and maybe we can talk. I'm not going to lowball you, but I know what I can get these for, running or not.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I did say make an offer... But I'll PM you
i'd rather come to an agreement at your number than **** you off with a number you consider insulting. unless you deserve to get roughed up bad, I always treat people like we may meet again in the future.

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your sensitivity, but I'd rather move this truck than see it go to the wreckers.

I came here instead of that other place for a reason :D