1992 7.3 IDI Project F250 140k, Rusty Body - Bardstown KY, $1,200

basilbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 92 F250 has sat in front of my Dad's garage for long enough. I ran it all through college, set it up with a two tank veggie oil conversion, plenty of details in my posting history, but basically I went Hose-in-Hose from the in-tank heater, and then had the injection lines wrapped with tungsten filament. The filament has been removed, the rest is still there.

I started getting a little bit of a rough idle sometimes, so I set the throttle up a bit, and that fixed it for a bit, then I did it again, and again, and finally realized it probably needed a new IP. I put one in two years ago, and that's the last time it ran. I have fought with it off and on every couple months, put new batteries in, chased down as many air leaks as I could, tried running it off an aux tank sitting next to it - and I'm done. It turns over, it wants to crank, it sounds like it's about to catch, and then nothing.

It's parked in Bardstown KY - clean title in my name. Show up with a trailer and come get it. The only requirement is you can't show up and fix it here on the property - that would DESTROY me if you show up and get it running when I've spent so much time putzing with it and not been able to :)

It's raining right now, I'll take pictures and put them up this afternoon.

I've put new injector return lines, new rear wheel cylinders, new brake lines, new tires, new alternator, new fuel pump, new brake master cylinder, new vacuum booster, lots of parts over the years, I've had it six or seven years, and it was a great truck, until I decided to try putting a new IP on. Interior is nice. A/C was bypassed well before I bought it.

Oh yeah, the best part? The engine's only got 140k on it - it's barely broken in.

Body's rusty, 2WD, 5th wheel hitch, comes with big monster shock bumper for pulling HEAVY loads.

Like I said, bring a trailer - I'd really like it gone.