1990 ford f350 7.3 IDI

David Canada

Reaction score
Just took my mechanical fuel pump out went with electric fuel pump wasn't getting any fuel. Well everything pressures up no fuel getting past the front of the Injection pump, opened a fuel lines nothing, does that mean my injection pump is out.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Does the Fuel Shut-off Solenoid on the IP click when you turn the key on?

BTW, welcome to OilBurners. :)

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
With key on and e-pump going, does the fuel shoot out of the Schrader valve on the fuel filter head? If it does, you might just have air in the system. You will need to crack all the fuel lines open at the injectors to bleed the air out. It could take a number of cranking sessions. It helps a little to have the pedal to the metal while cranking, to open the metering valve a bit more. Which reminds me, it could be a stuck metering valve.
A battery charger is your friend.

David Canada

Reaction score
With key on and e-pump going, does the fuel shoot out of the Schrader valve on the fuel filter head? If it does, you might just have air in the system. You will need to crack all the fuel lines open at the injectors to bleed the air out. It could take a number of cranking sessions. It helps a little to have the pedal to the metal while cranking, to open the metering valve a bit more. Which reminds me, it could be a stuck metering valve.
A battery charger is your friend.
Where is the metering valve . and are the injectors electronically fired .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online