1990 F350 4x4 D60 front axle

harrietnorth

Reaction score
Gents -

Quick question. I blew out the front LH axle shaft on my D50 ttb. I found a complete springs, steering box, D60 out of a DRW (whole front frame clip).

1) is converting a DRW front axle as straight forward as removing the adapters and you’re done?

If so, does that mean I can use those adapters on my D50 in my other truck who’s ass end has been converted to DRW and hence use dually rims on the front? (No longer hauling 2 spare tires as it were)

1a) DRW D60 presumably has 4:10, and I prefer the 3:54 in my SRW which is where this new to me axle assembly would go. Ring gear and pinion swap to 3:54 a PITA?

2) or should I just fix the busted LH axle shafts and call it a day and stop trying to convince myself that a straight axle on truck #1 is a good idea? And acquiesce to 2 spares on truck #2

3) Am I asking the right questions?

Donor Truck with D60 is a 90 diesel DRW

#1 truck is 94.0 factory turbo IDI ZF5-42 133WB F250

#2 truck is 88 F250 NA IDI C6 133 WB converted to DRW with 350 spring pack in the rear and 95a D50TTB in the front, 4:10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gents -

Quick question. I blew out the front LH axle shaft on my D50 ttb. I found a complete springs, steering box, D60 out of a DRW (whole front frame clip).

1) is converting a DRW front axle as straight forward as removing the adapters and you’re done? YES!!!!! :D

If so, does that mean I can use those adapters on my D50 in my other truck who’s ass end has been converted to DRW and hence use dually rims on the front? (No longer hauling 2 spare tires as it were) YES!!! :D

1a) DRW D60 presumably has 4:10, and I prefer the 3:54 in my SRW which is where this new to me axle assembly would go. Ring gear and pinion swap to 3:54 a PITA? most people don't have the know-how and tools, not an easy task. I take mime to a buddy's shop and it's done. :D

2) or should I just fix the busted LH axle shafts and call it a day and stop trying to convince myself that a straight axle on truck #1 is a good idea? And acquiesce to 2 spares on truck #2 after conversion, you will love your tighter turning radius and improved ride.( i'm not helping on keeping the TTB). SRW to DRW hubs are interchangeable on the axles. you can do whatever makes life easier.

3) Am I asking the right questions? sorta. you haven't asked what kind of whiskey I like and my shipping address.

Donor Truck with D60 is a 90 diesel DRW

#1 truck is 94.0 factory turbo IDI ZF5-42 133WB F250

#2 truck is 88 F250 NA IDI C6 133 WB converted to DRW with 350 spring pack in the rear and 95a D50TTB in the front, 4:10

see the above comments in red :D

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I once had a 44ttb gutted out of an F250 and D60 swapped in about half a day. Didn't even need to open the brake system because the calipers were the same :Thumbs Up

If the regear sounds daunting.... pull the hubs, spindles, shafts and drop the housing at a shop to have the 3.54s installed.

The 50ttb hubs and 60 SRW hubs are the same.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Easy swap! Here's before & after pics.

harrietnorth

Reaction score
Follow up question; I will need to source a 3:54 ring gear and pinion. Anyone have one in a bin looking to get rid of? I bought my d60 front clip and am beginning the rebuild.