1990 F250 good fuel pressure no start.

Joseph Davis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed fuel filter top off with diesel, started ran for one minute then died. cracked lines opened only get drops of fuel out when cranked; but I think IP is vapor locked any I deals on getting her started? only been cranking for 10 second every 15 min.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont be afraid to crank for 30 even more seconds should get a little more out of cracked lines any smoke from exhaust

CBRF3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you tried pull starting it if its a manual and if not might try WD40 down intake and a rag with small amount of gasoline on it in front of the air breather to fire it off and run it long enough to prime system other than that block the bypass port of the filter housing that goes to the injector return line as you will constantly be introducing air back into the filter head I always bypass this and block it off because it tends to cause issues.

StephenZ

Reaction score
Changed fuel filter top off with diesel, started ran for one minute then died. cracked lines opened only get drops of fuel out when cranked; but I think IP is vapor locked any I deals on getting her started? only been cranking for 10 second every 15 min.
I know I’m a few weeks late, however. Had this same situation, my IP took a crap though, ended up being heat soaked. I luckily had a nearby junk yard that “flooded” and the guy let me go back in the “flooded” fords section and have a pump for $20. Took it home, ended up freeing it up. Stuck it on my “freshly rebuilt” 6.9 and fired right up after getting 3 cylinders full.