1989 idi with ATS turbo. Need a vent hose

Pat Tavelli

Reaction score
I have an intact and running 7.3 idi with a ATS turbo that was installed same year truck was built. Still runs great, but!! The vent hose from the driver side valve cover to the air cleaner body leaks like a sieve. I have called ATS. They have been bought and whom ever has them doesn’t support the old turbos anymore. Truck has 250k, she is my everyday driver still runs great. I have patched the old hose some time back but it’s leaking again. Anyone have an old one laying around? I know it’s a long shot. Just thought I would try.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, @typ4 Russ bought out all the ATS/Factory Turbo stuff from ATS when they decided to NLA the IDI stuff. He may have what you need, or a good recommendation of a suitable replacement.

Wes @Thewespaul also deals with the turbo systems. He may also have a replacement or recommendation.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it would help if you had a picture of the turbo and the year of the truck and then you knew what series your turbo was, if it's the 088 you sir are SOL, nobody has that part anymore.

Pat Tavelli

Reaction score
it would help if you had a picture of the turbo and the year of the truck and then you knew what series your turbo was, if it's the 088 you sir are SOL, nobody has that part anymore.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some have used copper pipe fittings and short hoses.

Pat Tavelli

Reaction score
That’s the road I’m taking. Appreciate the info though. I have learned quite a bit about that turbo at least.