1985 6.9 short in harness assistance needed

H3LLSP4WN

Reaction score
I have a 1985 F250 there is a short some where in my light system due to the lack of diesel schematics I am currently using wiring diagram for a 1985 5.8 351 to track but am unable to find it any assistance would’ve be appreciated thank you

You must be registered for see images attach

H3LLSP4WN

Reaction score
The pictures are the current state of my truck I am stranded in Killeen Texas headed to Phoenix AZ

Greg85

Reaction score
The pictures are the current state of my truck I am stranded in Killeen Texas headed to Phoenix AZ
What's not working? If just the headlights are out, chances are the headlight switch needs to be replaced.

H3LLSP4WN

Reaction score
It is passing ground to all light components it shorted my instrument cluster so I am heading to a nearby auto salvage that has a truck in the yard to see if that one has a good instrument cluster I also have tried to use the supplied schematics it is internal in the cab I separated the wire that supplies power to the lights from the outer passenger side black and orange from the harness to be able to get the truck to a friends house but the short is still on the black and orange wire along with the Lt green and yellow for high beams and blue and red for interior lighting and curtesy lighting it driving me insane not having my tools with me just wondering if anyone might know of a common short or if I’m re wiring the whole harness from scratch to eliminate the ground which means removing full dash and I don’t want to go that far due to time restraints

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online

No members online now.