1984 F250 tank upgrades

Glsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd bet that if you were to get a tank and sending unitfor a Bronco with EFI, it would. They also need to have a return line since the electric fuel pump is always pumping a large volume of gasoline.

what year will work?

nj_m715

government's finest
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a mogas sender from the same year make/model and made it work. as long as it's the right size for the tank, you're good
ebay has plenty of them pretty cheap, since we have to mod the sender to fit the large tank it wasn't extra work.
I had to snip a new notch for the tabs to properly clock the sender in the tank

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this one works for just about all Bull, Brick, & OBS. "Please return your tray to the upright position and remain in a seated position before looking up price"!
You must be registered for see images attach

Glsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so im thinking im goin to use the sender i have. if i do i plan to have a fitting soldered into the tank for a return line. i also an thinking i will remove the vent tube from the filler and have a 1/2inch fitting soldered into the tank to run as a new vent line with a filter. then i can will tank quickly without it shutting the pump off every half gallon. i plan to use the universal selector valve as i found a diagram on how to wire it in.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I think this one works for just about all Bull, Brick, & OBS. "Please return your tray to the upright position and remain in a seated position before looking up price"!
From what I recall, the bull and bricks used a different wiring plug on the FSV. I don't think this one is that universal.

nj_m715

government's finest
Supporting Member
Reaction score
turn your roll over valve into a vent
drill a hole and solder a steel line to fab a return

Glsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had to jb weld it but it is in. 1/2inch id vent running up by filler neck. vent in filler removed. it was collapsed. extened the sending unit. so tomorrow ill see if it all workes

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I am late to the party, but why not solder the return into the sender, like the stock ones have?

Glsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i placed it about an inch higher on the tank.

new problem...removed front tank. lines and selector valve. new pumpo is about 2ft from rear tank....on frame rail. i repaced the last on when i did the tank install. even thought it was only 3days old. keeps running dry at the filter on motor...then i have to stop and bleed the system when it dies. after about a mile

Glsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my guese is air intrusion from a second leaking injector? plus a couple return lines are leaking...basically the whole passenger side of motor

Glsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go home and pulled the injectors from my 7.3 ive got as a spare...great shape..bb code. got new line and real fuel injection clamps for the return system. also going to remove the return line going to filter head. all that should stop the air getting in

Glsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
injectors are in. new hoses are on. only 1 leak from #4 injector..very small but drove it and now it dosent bubble. so assume it just had to get seated better. was able to drive a few miles, i even drove barefoot so i could feel the motor better. little loppy at idle but smoth under power