19.5 wheel

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have been thinking of getting a set of 19.5 for the back of my truck. looks like i need to buy two fronts and two rears to make it work.

just looking for some advise if i need longer lug studs or whatever else. any tire brand good? i think a 245/70r19.5 is the size i am looking for.

http://www.visionwheel.com/wheel/6858/181-hauler-duallie/ i think i need the 124.5 bore size for the hub. and can someone help me understand how the measurements work for the offset and backspacing.

thanks.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s my setup. The vision heavy haulers. They make them in the older 8x6.5 as well. My rig is strictly for towing and today was the first test run. I run airsoft bbs for balancing and they’re an absolute dream to tow with. So much more stable! FYI I’m running the 225/70r19.5
You must be registered for see images attach

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been thinking of getting a set of 19.5 for the back of my truck. looks like i need to buy two fronts and two rears to make it work.

just looking for some advise if i need longer lug studs or whatever else. any tire brand good? i think a 245/70r19.5 is the size i am looking for.

http://www.visionwheel.com/wheel/6858/181-hauler-duallie/ i think i need the 124.5 bore size for the hub. and can someone help me understand how the measurements work for the offset and backspacing.

thanks.
They’re great wheels. I paid 175$ a piece. Also the body lift is coming off this truck so the wheels will look much better

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Elijah, if you call them they will tell you what you need. The 245 are almost a 35 inch tall tire, that’s what I had on mine. The studs are plenty long enough. I ran a 1/4 inch spacer between the duals and still had plenty of thread.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elijah, if you call them they will tell you what you need. The 245 are almost a 35 inch tall tire, that’s what I had on mine. The studs are plenty long enough. I ran a 1/4 inch spacer between the duals and still had plenty of thread.

did you have to use the spacers? were the wheels still hubcentric? i am looking to go with a taller tire anyway and i have the vision wheels in the front in 17'' so it will match for the most part.

do you know if they stick out more then a stock wheel does?

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you have to use the spacers? were the wheels still hubcentric? i am looking to go with a taller tire anyway and i have the vision wheels in the front in 17'' so it will match for the most part.

do you know if they stick out more then a stock wheel does?

Did you see my picture? Those are the same wheels. So you can see the offset is same as factory.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
No I didn’t need to, but I did. Lol the wheels were their old version that used a Shank lugnut. And it put the rear outer right at the edge of my fender

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you know what hub size youre wheels are? when i got the fronts they gave me the 125.2 but after measuring it looks like i need the 124.5.

ill post up some pictures of the problems i am having with my current wheels and tires. i want to go up in height just a little and these will get me there. with the 16'' rims i have to keep going wider to get it taller. i currently have 285/75/16

Hagan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After owning 19.5's I'd never recommend them to anyone. They followed the tracks in the road and would pull the truck into them aggressively. I gave up on them when I kept getting stuck everywhere. I went to 17's and never looked back.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I had a pair of the Visions 19.5 SRWs on the back of my E350 van. The 245/70R19.5 is a 33" tire. The wheels are 4500# rated, and the tires I had were 4800# rated. My axle D70U was 7500# rated (maybe). So the tires were more than enough to max out the axle. Half as many tires and wheels to buy. No body mods/flares to deal with.

My van was always rolling around 10-12k# gross. Handling effect was like I'd added a swaybar, and the suspension was working again instead of the tires simply squashing. The wandering wasn't bad with this weight. What little I noticed I felt had more to do with the pliable 16's on the front doing one thing while the much stiffer 19.5's doing another. Had I kept the van longer, I'd have looked for steel sidewall 16's for the front so as to match the 19.5 tire's construction.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As of now the the 19.5 would just be in the rear. I have 17" in the front and will be keeping them for a while. It should drive mostly the same.

The truck is about 8,500 lbs so it isn't really light. I think I might go with the 265 but they seem to be harder to find so not sure yet.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
19.5's on the F450.

No issues driving empty or hauling with them. The tread/width of the tire struggle in soft stuff (def not a mud tire). But they do better than I thought they would being pizza cutter width. LOL

Heath

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep 110psi in my 225/70 and even unloaded it drives great. I have zero complaints with them. Although off highway traction does suffer. But weighted down the handling and stability is worth every penny

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online