08 front end converstion

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the front end of a 08-10 truck swap onto the 99-07 trucks and by front end I mean the whole core support and everything. The 08-10 truck have a few extra inches of room in the engine bay length wise because of the core support design and I would like to put it on an older truck. I plan on doing a dt466 swap and use a mechanical fan and that few extra inches will make it possible.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Don't think so. But OTOH, have seen some swap the 10+ front. Likely not a direct swap.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're still considering it, find the guys that are updating excursions to the new front clips. Some are bandaiding it together but many are swapping the inner fender supports starting at the firewall. I've seen a few threads on it in various places.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been considering the McNeal swap parts that mimic a 2017 front clip on 99 thru 07 super duty. The way I understand it, they sell fiberglass fenders and hood that bolt directly to 99 thru 07 structure and accommodate 2017 grille, headlights, & bumper. The big advantages I see, no structural mods, meaning it could be "reversed". It would be awesome to have the 17 front appearance with the old 7.3 powerstroke purring under the hood while shifting a ZF 6spd.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you use the apron for the intended front end it will go together.

you will need to replace the inner structure. to utilize the extra room.

ive got a NGD in a 01 SD and you will need to modify some kind of fan mount lower to use a mechanical fan

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online