'06 6.0L No power or boost, then comes back

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello! Here's an odd one for you...

So, last night, I was driving my company's '06 F-550 bus. It has quite a bit of sail area and weighs 15K empty, so the engine always has a fair load on it. Normally, when putting the pedal to the floor, the boost gauge goes up to about 25 psi and the bus accelerates pretty briskly. However, last night, it almost acted like it was in "Limp Mode" or something like that...there was no smoke or warning lights, and the other gauges all looked proper (good oil pressure, good engine and trans temps), but the engine had almost no power, to the point where it took a solid 5 minutes to speed up to 65 mph with the pedal to the floor. Also, the boost gauge hardly moved...normally it would be at about 25 psi; in this case, it was under 5 psi :shocked: My first thought was that the turbo had died.

After dropping my passengers, I decided to try shutting the engine off and starting it back up. I also took a quick look at the air system to see if an intercooler boot had blown off or if a plastic bag had made its way into the air filter, or what, and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. After starting the engine back up, everything seemed fine...normal acceleration, normal boost levels, etc. :dunno

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance ;Sweet

Larry202br

Reaction score
The next time it happens, try unplugging the EGR Valve. I had the same issue, and a sticky EGR was the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online