05 Chevy 2500 no tear running lights

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
So just bought a 05 Chevy 2500 6.0 gas the drivers side running lights works. But the passenger side has no running lights but blinker and brake lights work. I’ve checked all fuses all good except for the veh chmsl was blown changed it no change also replaced the bulb still not working. Any ideas?

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I have not I don’t have a volt meter. I do have a check engine light but don’t know if it’s related. The ground at the back of truck bolted to frame is super dirty/rusted but I would think if the ground was bad then the blinkers wouldn’t work right?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure. Electrical can do some real weird things. Especially in the case of bad grounds. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about are any of the bulbs led bulbs? If one has been replaced in line of those ones and it was installed the wrong way it will not flow current through it possibly causing this?

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
There all regular bulbs
Maybe the junction box on frame is bad? Or harness to that side is?
Now I can live with no running light but if I turn on the headlights shouldn’t it light up since DRL lights on on?
Don’t really want to get pulled over even though my brake(when I press pedal) works and blinker. It’s my bosses old work truck that is son has been driving a year with no running light and 2 year old tags

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I've read that Left and Right are on different fuses.
Also I read about a fuse box on the passenger side, in a area below the airbag. Can't say specifically what year that was though.
One guy had a bad headlight switch, but that was no running lights at all.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there separate relays for each side? Our 2003 6.0 has a bad relay on one side with similar issues, food for thought

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online