03 Excursion

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it has been documented, please post links to where that documentation exists. I would love to see numbers and statistics.

You must be registered for see images attach

gimme a break....where you living under a rock in the late 2000s ?

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you are saying ..... that forums like this are an accurate representation of the entire population of all of the 6.0L ever made.

That is ludicrous. There are many reliable 6.0L's on the road. I am very familiar with them and their issues. It would even go so far as to guess that your defensive response indicates more of a passing knowledge of them, rather than a detailed exposure to them.

Whenever someone says "documented", and "the good ones are in the minority", I would just like to see the numbers, simple as that. Without numbers, it is simply opinions. Don't get me wrong, opinions are fine and appropriate on forums. Overstatements need to have back up IMO.

Do you even have an idea of how many were made and sold and what the maintenance work history was during the warranty period (even that is skewed due to all the people heavily modding them right after purchasing them)? How does that percentage compare to other makes and models? I know those numbers exist and have even been discussed. I just haven't seen an official or reputable source for the numbers discussed (and I would still like to see them). Have you ever owned one or better yet, worked on a fleet of them? The forums are full of problems for a reason ..... who would take time to join a forum just to say things are going well.

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things went well with our 6.0 till they didn’t

All the running gear is living happily under the 88 now.

clint bartels

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all went awesome ... right up till the fire...

Awesome just awesome. And yes nest eggs are good things as when you have any issues they usually add up faster than your checking acct would like. Still reliable awesome motors when cared for. I work on several maintenance wise with over 350k miles on them. Good oil and filters with a good 4-5k interval are key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online