Your feedback on this Vendor/ Diesel shop !

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give Conestoga Diesel of Pa a call about pumps and injectors. Not many that know more than Mel or Joel.
X 2!!!!

Mel is a good guy and I've been using his pumps/injectors for >10years. I just put a fresh Bull Moose and Moose injectors on my F250. Still very impressed with his work. Seems these parts get better with time. Wouldn't put anyone else's pump on my IDI.

Anderson (R&D) has been banned from OB for a reason.

Heath

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X 2!!!!

Mel is a good guy and I've been using his pumps/injectors for >10years. I just put a fresh Bull Moose and Moose injectors on my F250. Still very impressed with his work. Seems these parts get better with time. Wouldn't put anyone else's pump on my IDI.

Heath
May I ask why he was banned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X 2!!!!

Heath

Interesting .t

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah I was about to ask the same Thing , though that vendors with bad Rep , product and services get the honer in the hall of shame not banned

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not banned for product issues. This happened before he started selling stuff. It was because he was acting like a brat here. Cursing at folks, insults, just poor behavior all around. Also making fake accounts and trolling the site. It was ugly. I personally don't care what products he sells. It's his character that matters. Even if he sold a kit to give an IDI 1000HP, get 40 MPG, and run trouble free for 200,000 miles for $50, I wouldn't buy from him.

Just my opinion.

Heath

Last edited:

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel's products are great. I had his baby moose paired with an 088 turbo and it was a perfect combo. Ran 12 psi boost and stayed in an acceptable egt range.
When I removed turbo, the baby moose ran way too hot for a N/A motor. I ended up sending it back to Mel and had him calibrate it back to stock (mini moose). Good products & service ;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May I ask why he was banned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
in short, he didn't play well with others here in his younger days. we've all grown older and wiser, but for some, the words laid forth on other boards warranted the ban to be permanent. the Justin who currently owns R&D, we've made our peace over the matter and are comfortable with the way things are now.

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After some thoughts i decided to go back to square one and stick to my local Stanadyne Authorized service shop who's only 20 minute down the street, Plus i like to support the local business. They have been in business for years, and well respected in the community. The tech will rebuild my IP to mate it to my Turbo application and will Pop test my injectors. IP comes with one year.

By doing that i still hanging on to my OEM IP, plug it back on to the factory mark, time it with the meter and be back in business. Hopefully the Injectors test within factory spec and save some cash. If not will get some fresh one from R&D as you can't beat their price .

What is a good secondary Fuel filter to go with after the OEM fuel/ water separator as i like to install one as a secondary right before the pump

Last edited:

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't bank on the calibration being spot on after a rebuild...
does the shop have a meter? Yes?! Have it timed.
just my .02

Perhaps you did not read all my previous post but I already mentioned timing it with a meter

Thanks

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHA your correct I did not read everything posted here cuz my junk has 44k on the clock and if I ever have to grenade a head it will not be this eng. but a 12v.

IF I recall you have an original to truck ip???? YES? now the calibration deal should show something, could you time the truck just before pulling the ip and having standyne rebuild it, then reinstall it and recheck the timing?
PLEASE???? it would be great to see a factory ip from the original eng checked out this way.
everything I have gotten from the guru's leads to the calibration drifting once dissembled/assembeled.
1 reason Conestoga has the remans run on a calibration mach by the man

Bro ...What are you on.

You are reading way more into it than you should unless you like to rant, simply all i said is am going to get my OEM IP rebuild. Install it and time with a meter that am renting from trusted guy here on OB.

i KNOW darn well that the calibration will be way off and doesn't take a rocket since to figure that out. IF you telling me that unless i buy from this specific vendor who is by the way i met and deeply respect THAT my IP when i get it back if i choose to get it done at the local shop who is been doing this for well over 35 years it will be worthless and Blah blah blah .COME ON MAN what happen to the FREE WORLD

Last edited:

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a rant not drunk not trying to limit free trade.
Nevermindn sorry.

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post office man delivered the goods

Nice looking pump and very impressive #'s compare to stocker .
Injectors on the way

You must be registered for see images attach