Year verification by eng serial.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks to be a fairly beaten horse every where else but can not find a no chit list of year break downs by serial. Seen some threads where people say 'oh yeah that's XXXX year' but where is that info coming from?
You must be registered for see images attach

Supposed to be out of a 97, just want to verify.
Injectors are AA codes, idm and ecm codes come up 96/97 to back up the PO claim, just not familiar enough with the platform to tell the little changes between years.

Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the tag on the passengers valve cover.if it has split shot injectors it will say "cali emissions" on it.

If the sticker is gone look at the fuel pump under the turbo.if its a cali motor you will see a big disk looking thing on the fuel pump,it resembles the enterprise from star trek.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a Cali eng. Pulled the valve cover and checked injector codes and looked for the fluid damper already.
Unless it's bum info I am under the impression there is front cover changes, ie 96 and up can run the SD 17* pump. It's changes like that I'm curious about the year for as it was also said sticking a newer pump in the 94/95 block has drain back issues.
Really just looking for a year break down by serial, the ford dealer can't/won't do it, they want a vin.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Closest thing I've found. Guess the 509089 would put me at a 97 block being that 99's started with a 6 if I remember right from all this searching around.
The part numbers are for the front cover. Found eventually on PSN.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
94.5-95 will have drainback issues with a 96-03 hpop,unless you run a hideous accumulator tank system.or go to Www.superdutydiesel.com search the 94-97 forum for a thread by me titled "timing cover mod".

When looking for replacement parts timing cover,oil pickup tube and(i think) the oil pan were different between the 3 generations.94.5-95,96-97,99-03.search here for a thread by geonc about his timing cover woes for the correct info.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't seem to get that site to work on my phone. Even if I go through google, no dice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online