WTB: 7.3 IDI OILCOOLER

gatorman21218

Reaction score
you dont need a press. all you need is a bessy/pony clamp.

Since this thread has gone to the weeds ill go ahead and say that I am looking for the front header part for a 7.3 F-series

Maverick1701

Full Access Member
Reaction score

man I PMd him and explained that people on this thread are asking prices of $25, $50 and $75...I split the difference and offered $50 and he said my offer was way way too low.
I dont know how much he wants for it...but when people are offering to sell at these prices I dont think I would pay buku bucks for it unless I get desperate.
His thread says he paid $500 for it?!?!?!?!?!?! CRAZY

Maverick1701

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dont need a press. all you need is a bessy/pony clamp.

Since this thread has gone to the weeds ill go ahead and say that I am looking for the front header part for a 7.3 F-series

Hmmm...I dont have those either. Would a regular vice work? (assuming the cooler was short enough to fit inside the claws)

Or could I use a vehicle jack and the weight of the vehicle to push the cooler back together? I vaguely recall seeing a youtube video where they did just that...but I dont know how well it would work.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
yeah but you need like 24 inches of clearance. To be honest i did it the bottle jack way and it worked fine. You just have to be very careful to keep it on straight and dont force it. it doesnt take much force to get it so if you are lifting the truck up there is a problem. Just remember to put the o-rings on the bundle using lots of lube, and to take some emery cloth and clean all the surfaces and remove any nicks or burrs.