Wrong Breed Right Wrapper Build :)

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Re split the wiring harness and moved everything around. Voltage reg, starter noid, and all that wiring are now on the drivers side. Added more relays to the box for the water bypass and cooling fans and water pump

You must be registered for see images attach

5.5" air filter crammed in there

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added shocks to the hood because the springs would hit the intercooler. Gives me some extra space.
Bit more details on those pls, what gas struts did you use? Also, some numbers if you don't mind: distance between rear edge of hood and upper ball-mount for gas strut, and distance between rad support and lower ball-mount for gas strut. I've gone slightly overboard on the relay boxes and associated wiring, more clearance where factory springs are would be nice. Thanks!

5.5" air filter crammed in there
With the ridiculous amounts of air that filter will be sucking, are you not concerned about it plugging up w/ dust kicked up by the tire? Other than that, all I can say is you got some mad skills, but I'm pretty sure you already knew that.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
I will get all those specs for you as soon as i get my passenger door done.. It is under a full tarp right now because i dont have the door on it.

as far as the air filter to be honest i really dont have any other room for it. Depending on how fast it gets dirty i will probably end it making a shield around it to protect it a bit more. I made everything very tight clearances but nothing touches or rubs on anything. Just so much to cram in a little space.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd think that if you block off the entire opening between the frame rail and the inner fender like it was from the factory then the filter will live a much longer and happier life. As for the dimension, get to those whenever you feel like it, ain't no rush on my end.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... I salute you sir.. Thats lots of great work there.. May I suggest saving some money and install Fat Mat.. Its cheaper than Dynamat and works the same. I learned this from Darrin. He was doing it in hid truck so I asked about it. He told me to use two layers. All I can tell you is it works and works very well. Easy to install too. I could not do my headliner because I couldn't figure out how to remove or install it. I found out later its installed thru the front windshield before thats installed. So I did not remove mine. Darrin said he damaged his a little even with all the help he had.. I had no help.. Removing the seats and door panels was no problem. I fat mat installed just under the door panels. Not the inside of the door skins. Much of the noise comes from the rear of the crewcab wall. It asts like a drum bringing in the road sound. I fat mat install al the way up the rear wall to the head liner. Fatmat is about 50% less costly than Dynamat and it the same thing just not the name.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Fat mat is actually what I used. It works amazing. I have it installed from the bottom of the front windshield to the bottom of the rear window. It is great stuff. My next big thing will be building the water box for the water to air setup. Got the passenger door installed today ;) making slow progress.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just re-read through this thread for the first time in awhile.... I'm still amazed at the amount and quality of the work you've done. ;Sweet

Any updates?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online