Wrong Breed Right Wrapper Build :)

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
for now anyway. From what i research my HP goals are achievable with this setup and VE pump. It may be a little more work that a P pump swap but im going to stick with the VE for its simplicity and tune ability. Got a couple things done today.

oil pan on and sealed.

You must be registered for see images attach

bran spanky new cummins oil pump.

New cummins thermostat and gasket install as well as the water neck. Taped it for 1/2NPT to go to -10AN. When you start building high HP numbers as well as turn higher rpms. The water pump starts to build a lot of pressure in the cylinder. Combined with the heat generated back in the number 5 and 6 cylinder, the rear freeze plug is known to shoot out. I purchased a billet plate that bolts in and has 1/2npt hole in the center. An adjustable regulator will then be installed into the rear of the billet freeze plug. At a set PSI the valve opens and relieves hot coolant from the rear of the engine and sends it back to the top of the radiator. I have more pics on it when i get the engine off the stand.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
little update. My water cooled computer decided to spring a tiny leak and drip on my graphics card. No harm was done though. It was running and working fine when I found the leak. Anyway I haven't uploaded any pics because of that. But I got the injection pump on and timed. From cover is all sealed on. Injection lines are painted and loose fitted on. I need to order injectors to mount the lines. I used my old exhaust manifold to start building the twin piping. The turbos are tacked and hanging!!!!!! I'm going to set it in the truck tomorrow to make sure we clear everything and then weld the hot pipe up. It will get 2000* paint then baked in the oven. Then a good layer of header wrap.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Easy. Time the crank to cam via dots. The ve pump gear is keyed to the pump shaft. There will be a O on the cam gear and the letters E and C on the pump gear. Match the E and O up for stock timing or like I did line the C and O up for one tooth advanced which is about 10* advanced. Done.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy. Time the crank to cam via dots. The ve pump gear is keyed to the pump shaft. There will be a O on the cam gear and the letters E and C on the pump gear. Match the E and O up for stock timing or like I did line the C and O up for one tooth advanced which is about 10* advanced. Done.
Thanks ;Sweet I had tried to find some info and that was all that anyone had referred to...I didn't realize that it really was that easy; I had just assumed that people had failed to mention part of it. Please forgive the dumb question, but thank you for taking the time to answer :angel:

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Lol warden there are no dumb questions. Ask away. I'm not some super cummins god but I will be more than happy to answer any questions I can

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol warden there are no dumb questions. Ask away. I'm not some super cummins god but I will be more than happy to answer any questions I can
Thank you! I'm sure that, as this build progresses, I'll have quite a few more...never hurts to learn about the details of any engine, and I've been a big fan of the Cummins 6BT ever since 1995 :angel:

blue67chero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So minus the engine what else was/is needed to do the swap? any Junkyard parts that will work? I understand you're doing a twin turbo set up that's pretty BA. Can't wait to see this thing done! Good work so far!

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is a sweet build. you have paid alot of attention to the details, and that is going t make a huge difference in hoe it all works out in the end. Just a suggestion. i know you already worked the firewall to get the valve cover off, but if you head over to Fullsizebronco.com there is a guy on there who goes by GOS. he put a 6bt in his bronco, sweet build, anyway he machined the top of the valve cover off so that you remove it in two parts, real clean looking. he also has a lot of knowledge about these motors and is always willing to help and answer question. cant wait to see some more pics soon.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
BIG UPDATE!@!

been away from the internet and computer a lot with work getting busy. Finally got to plug in my camera and upload some new pics. Enjoy!

Ok where to begin!. The reason for the long over due updates. I moved!

Ever seen this body style with solid side windows lol

The motor was set in and test fitted with the tranny. The 5" downpipe was not going to clear so room had to be made.

Beating it in was not enough lol

LOVE

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
didnt care about the welds on the inside. The entire truck is getting the dyno matt inside

New tans mount build

Old manifold worthless. every mans worse nightmare..SHRINKAGE!

New manifold 3 piece

New throttle cable mount. I cant stand that big side plate that runs down the side of a cummins. So its not going to be used :) Its so open!!

I picked up a genuine ford hydroboost new in box from a guy on CL for 50$ I figured it was time to install it. Added a return to my sig pump.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Got tired of the thin little block off plates leaking. Go THICK or go HOME!

The new SouthBend comp dual disk goes in.

first disk

solid center plate

2nd disk and pressure plate

460lb plus or minus tranny is in!!

new starter now on the drivers side

Old ****** lower water hose we made in a hurry the first time

new water hose

5" exhaust alll the way back to a 7" tip all done

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
-16 AN primary turbo drain

stock oil plate now a remote oil plate with both feed bungs welded on

Both turbo feeds complete im very **** when it comes to lines. They have to flow and touch nothing!

Im sure there is more but if that doesnt get you horney you have something wrong with you in my opinion :) take care guys

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Houston, we have achieved lift off! Man, I love to see work like this. It gives me the gumption to keep moving on my truck.

Thanks for all of the updates and pictures.

Archie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.