Woo Hoo my mileage has improved

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
I have been adding this stuff called Diesel Power + to my fuel and its brought my fuel mileage up from a dismal 9-10 to 12 I calculated my mpg on a trip down the coast today and I got 12.5 mpg (empty truck).

Man that makes me happy I don't know if I'am getting better mileage because the stuff increases the cetane level it says on the bottle 5 cetane gain.

It has cut back on the smoke no more of that eye watering exhaust when the truck idles.

Its been awhile since I the truck could stretch its legs on some more open sections of the highway today probably cleaned up alot of carbon in the engine. The old truck would hold 80 km/h (49mph) most of the way even on some of the steeper hills where it would really drop off the speed.

I don't know who makes Diesel Power + I can't find a name or website or anything about it. The local diesel shop carries it in imperial gallon jugs or 16oz bottle with a measuring chamber on it.

The gallon jug is a tad expensive at 80 dollars but it treats 5000 imperial gallons of fuel. I'am sticking with the 16oz bottles its only 16 dollars.

My dad first bought some to dump in the fuel of our landing barge and it worked. Then he tried some in our Drott crane that has a 4 cylinder International diesel the Diesel Power improved that too. That International engine used to really smoke bad plus it has GPs that are half burnt out. The smoke is almost cut in half and it starts easier.

To sum it up I have tried pretty much all the additives even Freds Hair Tonic and I have to say the Diesel Power wins hands down. Hate to say it but Stanadyne additive doesn't come close to the results of the diesel power.

Now that my mileage has improved I wish the price of fuel drops I'am sick of paying more than reg gas.

Oh ya I was at the local diesel shop they were working on a 89 gasser 150 Ford it makes me glad I have a diesel with mechanical injection. What a nightmare under the hood they were trying to fix some of the sensors what a pain. Then a very mi-nute vacuum leak which I didn't think would make a difference but ya it did.

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
yeah i know how better milage feels,after i got my 92 i put the banks exhaust and intake on her and went from about 10 -12 to 18 - 20 when i keep my foot out of it.
i will NEVER,EVER own another gas powered truck,i had an 84 f-250,300 4 speed great truck but the feedback carb set up sucked.
got my diesel and have never been happier.