WMO and 6.0?

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
IMO it is a bad idea. The injection system in the 6.0 is very sensitive to fuel quality and requires the best maintenance and fuel quality to survive.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm half tempted to do it in the Ex. We shall see.
imho the determining factor is your willingness to repair the system when it get taken out by running WMO. if you can financially take the gamble, the dice is in your hands. if you can't, then don't tempt fate. it will happen. not a matter of if, a matter of how soon.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I would follow Wmoguy's turbo thread.....his VGT turbo just took a s*** and he thinks it may have been because of the exhaust from running WMO.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
stock rebuilt injectors from Warren diesel are the same price as IDI injectors/IP. If I can settle the carbon out of the oil, I will try to run it in the 6.0. If the carbon won't settle out, then no way.

Broncoxraptor

Reaction score
I'm going to filter my old oil and run a gallon or half gallon per fill up as a measure of lubrication for the fuel system but since the fuel system is so fragile I'll abstain from using it as a fuel source.

wmoguy

Reaction score
I would follow Wmoguy's turbo thread.....his VGT turbo just took a s*** and he thinks it may have been because of the exhaust from running WMO.

Figured out what did it. (I think)

the return line for the turbo was only 3/8" it apparently needs to be bigger and not have a 90 degree bend right at the bottom of the turbo, so it drains better.

BTW, following this thread. I bought a 6.0 last night. I intend to figure out how to make it use WMO. On some "other" boards, there are guys running WMO successfully for a few years now w/o issue. It seems to be the name of the game, even moreso vs. an IDI, is filtering filtering filtering. I'm going to try and "crack" the WMO into diesel vs. filtering and blending

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one I drive now a 2003 6.0 just locked up the VGT part of the turbo and it never has seen WMO so maybe the 140,000 miles had something to do with it?
CMON that was a silly comment...

Javier

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Figured out what did it. (I think)

the return line for the turbo was only 3/8" it apparently needs to be bigger and not have a 90 degree bend right at the bottom of the turbo, so it drains better.

BTW, following this thread. I bought a 6.0 last night. I intend to figure out how to make it use WMO. On some "other" boards, there are guys running WMO successfully for a few years now w/o issue. It seems to be the name of the game, even moreso vs. an IDI, is filtering filtering filtering. I'm going to try and "crack" the WMO into diesel vs. filtering and blending

Well, that should make figuring out your truck easier when you recover from your back problems.

And about the 6.0....we want details. :backoff

wmoguy

Reaction score
Well, that should make figuring out your truck easier when you recover from your back problems.

And about the 6.0....we want details. :backoff

Havne't taken any good pics yet believe it or not.

It's an 04' F350 CCLB SRW Lariat 6.0 Auto. 79k miles, very clean Oasis report. Pickup is in immaculate condition. I'm still waiting for the cops to show up, cuz I got a STEAL of a price on it from a dealer I've done biz with before. ;Really:angel:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online