wiring schematic ?

hardknocks

Reaction score
Well pulled the engine out of my donor truck this morning (90'f-250 4x4). Next i have to drop the transmission (e40d), wich will take a couple seconds . Then i think im gonna have to lift the front of the truck with a chainfall to have clearance to slide the tranny out .

Then push the beast out of the garage and do it all over again to my truck .

This is the first time ive pulled an engine and it gotta say , it was alot easier than i thought .

Here comes the tuff part though . Seperating all the electrical . Every wire harness seems to go to one main cluster . In this cluster that runs the width of the dash , is pretty much everything . Radio , cruise control , ac , lights , fuel switch ect ect .Not to mention theres at least 3-4 plugs into the tranny , havent traced them back yet but maybe all to the computer?

Not to sure what im going to do yet , if its possable to seperate what i need or not , but it isnt looking that way . Maybe ill just keep the ends and run my own wires .

In any case does anyone know where i can find schematics of this truck...meaning i need cruise control and e4od and anything else possable to make this switch work? Is there somthing from ford i can purchase ? Or maybe someplace online?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
You can get factory service manuals from Helm Inc. They have schematics that come print sytle, a vacuum/electrical troubleshooting guide (this one is in block form but easy to read/understand) and lastly the truck/engine service manuals (this is a two book set). I can't remember but I want to say I had a little over $100 in all, which was worth every penny.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this is pertaining to your E4DOA project, save yourself the grief and pull the dash assy out of the donor truck. Its not much work, 8bolts and the dash will come out. If you need a walk thru, calling me is a easier way. I have converted out E4DOA trucks and from my experience over the years, a complete harness changeover will add a boatload of reliability to your electrical. .

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
Building the harness from a tore up one ain't bad. I did it. just get those diagrams, and follow them exactly. If you need help, holler at me and I'll see what I can do. I went from an 89 E350 w/7.3/auto(donor) to the 92 w/6.9 I got now. not a bad project, just time consuming, and at times confusing.

The thing that I did was to build a new diagram and integrate the two from the van and the truck. Pretty simple, especially if you aren't afraid of finding new ground points and power supply points.

hardknocks

Reaction score
Thx for the offers guys , im sure ill be needing some answers somewhere along the line . I got the engine and tranny pulled from the donor , but still have to pull my truck apart .

Yea...i took the entire dash off the donor , and the entire wire harness is back there . I would think i could just swap the harness maybe . That might be easiest .

In any case someone sent me a print from another forum...and i ordered one from the site argve posted , so hopfully i should have all the info .

But still gotta pull the next truck apart .

thx guys