Wiring help!

sambodean

Reaction score
I was trying to hook up a radio today. The person who had the truck before me had the radio wiring hacked up with no original connectors. In the process of connecting the new wires , I accidently left the hot wire (green with yellow stripe) unattended for a split second and it found bare metal, and grounded itself out. I check the fuse in the fuse box underneath the steering wheel, and it was still fine. I then pulled up the dash, and both the 20amp and 7.5 amp fuses I could find were alright, but the radio is still not working. Can someone please help me? I don't know if there are any other fuses to check? Do I need to splice in a new fusible link somewhere under the hood? Pictures would be extremely helpful. Ps, this is an 1985 f250 idi

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "RADIO" fuse would be for the circuit that switches on and off with the key. The hot circuit is for the radio "memory", and it must be some other fuse. I don't have either my owner's manual or my EVTM in front of me, but the owner's manual MIGHT indicate which fuse is for the radio memory.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate finding hacked up wiring and mystery circuits. On the bright side you just figured out a circuit...