Wires appear to be cut off...

Duck Buster

Reaction score
I was under the hood of my 04 F250 SD. I saw a group of wires (red,white, blue and black) that ended near the drivers side hood hinged. The wires appeared to run from a larger group where some went to the under the hood light. Any clues what they are for or what the went to? Didn't test them to see if they were hot.

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
Isn't this the group of stubbed up wires thru the firewall to save you from punching thru the firewall???
Check under the dash - should be a matching set !

Max Power

Reaction score
It will be for chassis builders. Like ambulance package or whatever. Maybe PTO. I have seen them on every Super duty.

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
Brake Control Connector. The wires are red, blue, black and white

I found a picture of it but couldn't get the link thingie to work

Last edited:

Max Power

Reaction score
Originally posted by Roland_Jenkins
Brake Control Connector. The wires are red, blue, black and white

I found a picture of it but couldn't get the link thingie to work

Brake control wires are under the dash not under the hood. And they are blue, red, white, green, brown.

Max Power

Reaction score
Right, that is a plug under the dash. I am pretty sure he is reffering to wires that are under the hood against the firewall. I will try to take some pictures tonight.

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
They are the customer access wires. For stuff like fog lights and other aftermarket stuff so you don't have to drill holes in the firewall. The brake controller access is just to the right of the fuse access panel under the steering wheel. Pretty much right behind the cubby hole:( (not a very easy place to get to, but at least the cubby hole makes for a nice place to put your brake controller). The plug to it should be in your glove box.

carterkraft

Reaction score
yeh those red, etc wires are on the d side firewall, they exit under the dash next to the trailer tow plug . they just pass through the firewall so you don't have to. There is a wire under the dash with the others that is fused for customer use also.

architect-builder

Reaction score
Originally posted by carterkraft
yeh those red, etc wires are on the d side firewall, they exit under the dash next to the trailer tow plug . they just pass through the firewall so you don't have to. There is a wire under the dash with the others that is fused for customer use also.

Yep, white wire with black tape. It's what gives me the ignition circuit for my air compressor & horns. :D

A bit$# to get to though. Good thing I'm part catortionist, (sp). :eek:

FWIW

Barrett