Why not merge sites?

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Why not merge superduty diesel and oilburners.net?

It seems like between the two sites there is a very comprehensive and functional site, but each has just a niche market?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I guess I'd think that you could get better advertising deals, and show better numbers if that were the case. It wouldn't make any difference to me, but the people that are on both would not have to switch back and forth.

We'd still need the moderators, and everything else we have here.

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
J/K earlier. Seriously, those decisions are Max Powers to make.

Rather than merge, I like the idea of going global. Only thing that would be different is, anybody that was a member here would be a member there. My reasoning is, make it more like a sister site rather than a competitor.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im on bothsites.switching back and forth doesnt bother me.i know with OB i can go into the right forum and act like a fool if i wish or put the serious face on and visit the IDI section.on SDD i got the serious face on most of time.

Max Power

Reaction score
It was a decision made by us a little over a year ago. We wanted certain things out of SDD without compromising what we already had at OB. It's a little complicated but we didn't want to take away anything that we had over here basically. It's not perfect but we do the best with what we have.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
82fordtruck said:
Why not merge superduty diesel and oilburners.net?

It seems like between the two sites there is a very comprehensive and functional site, but each has just a niche market?

First there was TDS. With the over moderation over there many disgruntled members flooded here in early '04. OB was in its infancy. It catered to all three diesel truck manufacturers. Then some former (or rarely seen here anymore) OB members created The Diesel Garage which also catered to the big three but had no "No holes barred" forums on their site. A few drifted over there. Before SDD came to be there were many 7.3L & 6.0L posts here but attracting new Super Duty members was hard because of the raunchiness of The Battlegrounds and nakedness of Girls,Girls,Girls. The Battlegrounds was metamorphosed into the Refinery, but basically the same deal. Creating SDD was done as a means to attract serious PSD owners who wished to talk trucks without the nakedness or foul language we all cherish here. At first SDD was a ghost town but as time went by more PSD owners joined and noted the breath of fresh air due to light moderation. Many from TDS. There was much discussion as to why SDD was formed because many members thought that two sites to post PSD questions was spreading things thin. PSD tech posts dropped considerably at OB. Over time SDD has blossomed into a great tech site for serious PSD owners. It attracts a mature crowd (Did I just type that? :D ) as owners of new diesels tend to be older (Except Brent) and wealthier. I would hate to see SDD rejoin OB. Each site has its own charm. So what's left? The basement dwellers. They have flocked here in droves and made OB the premier 6.9L & 7.3L IDI site. Still, the Dodge and Chevy forums here are quite lean. No loss because those trucks are crap.... LOL

I'm done. ;p

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gee thanx.what did i do to you for you to throw me under the PSD?im not feelin the love :rotflmao

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hheynow said:
Would a round of Kumbaya make you feel better... LOL

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images
:rotflmao

rubberfish

Reaction score
hheynow said:
the Dodge and Chevy forums here are quite lean. No loss because those trucks are crap.... LOL
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
You must really think highly of mine then. :rolleyes:
Being it's a mix of your two favourites. ;Poke :rotflmao :rotflmao

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
rubberfish said:
You must really think highly of mine then.
Being it's a mix of your two favorites.

Rubber, Sorry for the generalization. Cross breeds are exempt. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online