white smoke... almost all the time :(

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try advancing the IP, see if the smoke disapears. Set timing on one today where the timing was 10-12 degrees retarded, runs great now no smoke lots of power. Had blue/white smoke like a fogger.

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Nate, you still looking for another engine to tear down and learn on? This thread and a couple others have got me thinking, and since it's so hard to explain via internet or text message, maybe we should find a donor. Even a windowed block will work at this point.

I'm willing to bet a fair amount of money on pop testing those injectors and finding 4 or more that are ******* like crazy. Would also explain the horrendous fuel economy that you and I had experienced. Wish I had the time and money, and didn't have to deal with the divorce, to keep and work on that truck.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to screw around with your timing to mask a problem that can only be fixed by spending money, have at it. But DO mark the current location before you move the pump so you can put it back when you realize you really do need some fresh components.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all due respect, the answer has be repeated over and over on every page of this thread. You have leaking injectors at a minimum, the IP, and timing may be contributing factors, but THE INJECTORS NEED TO BE REPLACED.

Heath

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my injectors but nothing changed. I played with the timing the other day, but nothing changed. I'll move it some more and see what happens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online