~ Where to Parts ~

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, i tried searching the forum but maybe didn't word it right.

Where do you guys get discounted OEM parts online? I can google it but wanted to see if you fellas had any places of preference?

While i'm on the subject of parts, if any of you get any "non-critical" parts from advance auto parts you can shop online enter the code TRT41 in the promo code box at check out and get $40 off a $100 order. Maybe this is already known info but if not i wanted to share. :cheers:

I feel like there is either a thread i am missing on here reviewing places that sell parts/service or there should be!

thanks in advance

Last edited:

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it is.... there are places that sell discounted OEM ford parts online, i was just curious if anyone had a particular place they liked.

but just in case its a part specific thing... i want to order a water pump, thermostat and perhaps parts for the hydroboost conversion

thanks

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just did a quick search... the official ford parts site lists the waterpump at 97.44 silverstate ford parts has it for 86.23 and fordpartsgiant has it for 84.04

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Sunrise Ford parts. I have ordered a few oddball stuff from there, and they are great when it comes to internet orders.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Rock auto has a discount code and plenty of selection of parts. Most of what you mentioned is available aftermarket and way less expensive than Ford, even online.

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock auto is great, also sanderson ford sells ford parts at wholesale prices out of phoenix az, give there parts department a call dont think they have a site you can buy off of. For a motocraft hydroboost unit best price I found was Rockauto.

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow i have never used rock auto but they seem pretty darn good

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
wow i have never used rock auto but they seem pretty darn good

Darn right, metalminded. Started using Rock Auto in recent months, and I'm a happy camper. Three or four orders this year.

Ordered a new Motorcraft brake booster in May. I knew I was in trouble, when mounting studs stuck out through the box, and something loose was rattling around. The part's long trip from New Jersey was not happy, but nor was its packing.:mad:

I e-mailed Rock Auto, got a phone call less than 24 hours later. E-mailed them pics of the damage, and they handled the FedEx Ground claim. They offered refund or replacement. I told them I'd like a replacement but ONLY if it's packed better this time. It was, indeed, packed better, and all is well. Excellent customer service.;Sweet

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock auto is a good website for aftermarket parts, have good prices and seem to have good service. One thing to check though is that there's a wide variety of parts - some may or may not really fit correctly. For instance, I ordered a replacement heater fan motor not long ago and it turns out that it's just the motor - one would have to figure out a way to cut the old motor off the mounting plate and cobble the new one on. Seemed like a good quality made in USA motor, but not exactly easy to use. I would have been better off to get a more expensive unit with the proper plate.

Most of the time the pictures are accurate and you can research the parts in other ways to make sure things work, but it does take more care than going to a parts store.

Also keep in mind that the more people turn to online stores like rockauto, the less business will go through the brick and mortar stores, so they'll ultimately have to change business models or go defunct - not sure if loosing your neighborhood autozone will really hurt that much, but still there's times it's essential to have a real store for emergent needs and such.

For OE Ford parts, if you know the part number you can usually find an online vendor by just doing a google search on that part number. Hard part is finding the numbers though. I have a copy of the 85 parts manual and can help some there, not sure if anyone else has later model books.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Two very good points, there, jaluhn83:

Rock auto is a good website for aftermarket parts, have good prices and seem to have good service. One thing to check though is that there's a wide variety of parts - some may or may not really fit correctly.

Rock Auto's online catalog isn't perfect. Some Google research of their part & manufacturer is a good idea. Just ordered a Motorcraft thermostat, after confirming its number shows a thermostat with the proper design.

Also keep in mind that the more people turn to online stores like rockauto, the less business will go through the brick and mortar stores, so they'll ultimately have to change business models or go defunct - not sure if loosing your neighborhood autozone will really hurt that much, but still there's times it's essential to have a real store for emergent needs and such.

Very true. I'd hate for my neighborhood O'Reilly to close up, though I only use them for small, urgent stuff. Thanks for pointing out the consequences of online shopping.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online