whats a good 1st gen worth?

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Oh man that hurts. I just recently lost mine to a tree. So i feel your pain. unfortunatly literally. I broke lots of bones in the accident. So what r ya goin to do, attempt a rebuild?

squid1351

Reaction score
im sorry to hear about you loss and scatches.
now that i have determend that the engine and drivetrain are ok and in working order i intend to ether:
A-cut the top of, weld in a roll cage make a sick ass rock crawler.
B-slap a new cab on.

however nothing happens untell the insurance is taken care of. so its a long wait.

good luck with your endeveros. and if possable send some pics.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bringing this thread up from the dead...

I'm posting this on behalf of Seth. He never had a chance to replace the cab, and he needs to have the truck gone by the end of the week. It's still in exactly the condition shown in the pictures I posted.

What do you guys think the truck's worth as it sits? AFAIK the running gear's fine, but all of the damage is still present. It sounds like he's going to need to get rid of it in a hurry, unfortunately...IMHO he'd be better off finding another place to store it, but I don't think that's in the cards. He told me that he's hoping to get $3K for it as it sits; I'm guessing about $1K is more inline with expectations (especially considering the time frame).

That engine would look good under my hood :angel: but I'm not in a financial position to do anything like that, unfortunately...

This is a bit urgent, so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! BTW, he's also selling a '65 Corvair for the same reason, and within the same timeframe...

Ezra

Reaction score
Man thats awfull,Hey how much for just the front bumper? Thanks Ezra.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
If the running gear and engine is in good shape he may get lucky and get $2k for it as it sits. You may put it on Fleabay and try to get a little more but I'm not sure how successful that would be. If I was in the states right now I'd buy it off him in a heartbeat and convert my D350 to a 4x4.