what wakes up the ol 12v?

imfixinmopars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just bought a 92 12v,intercooled,5 spd.i was wondering what i can do to wake up the ol girl.im sure shes all stock.im doing a 3" exh.,gauges,and air filter mods.how can i turn up the pump?is there any posts explaining the process? im on a budget w/ this truck,so be gentle,shes got 595,000 miles,and was well taken care of,thanks.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Wow, thats a few miles Id say! Im leaning on 340K, and bud of mine has 430K,

Your going to love the ol 12valve! Check this link for more info on modifying the pump.
http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/more_power/Power_ve.htm

There is some real good reading on that site for cummins. And those r some conservative tweeks too. The star wheel, bottom it, the full load fuel delivery pin, set it full deep (deep side toward the front of the truck) The "smoke screw" depending on your taste, with the giant 21.5 CM exhaust housing you have i'd leave it along untill you get a different exhaust housing. like a 12 or 14 CM. Im sure it smokes already!

There are just tons of cheap and free stuff to do for around 80 Xtra horse power!!

imfixinmopars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok,i cked the boost and under full load it only reads 12-13psi.is that sick or stock?i havent touched the pump yet,=no pyro installed yet,but put a straight 3" exhaust all the way out back,hope its not to restricted,thats as big as i can bend.is there anything one can do to the air filter housing?it seems to have ok power,but i know theres more.

DieselRecon

Reaction score
Turn the fuel up is easiest mod. With that many miles expect the engine to not like it.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Completly disagreed. With 339K on the ticker n orginal IP, with it bombed very much, it loved every last bit of it.
These engines are 100 times stronger then people give them credit for. Trust me. I know.

moparmike91

Moparmike91
Reaction score
i agree with cowboy ,,my91 has 443'887 km on it i did all the mods to the pump and truck actually runs better, these trucks love lots airflow the stock air flow flows more that needed for the engine,,do the maintenace first fresh oil and filter ,,ner fuel filter and air filter as well,, pump timing is another place to look i have mine set at 14 degrees,,these engines have capabilities for huge torque and horsepower.i have rebuilt these engines from all the generations at our dealership..inline six cummins is a wolf in sheeps clothing. how do i know,,well i work on em everyday,,and the ones who dont give em credit,,not to smack talk anyone,,but thery are the ones who go by hear say and never opened one up,,,,so do the basics and let me know ,,thx,,mike

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Me I wouldn't hesitate one bit on giving her all the fuel you can - as said these engines are pretty bullet proof - trust me I highly doubt anyone here drives as hard as I do. And I have more than a couple of miles on mine and the engine is doing great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online