What started out as rumour seems to be coming true

Super_Duty_John

Reaction score
Mastertech said:
I was talking to a rep from Ford and IH last week and he told me the 6.4l twin turbo will happen when the 07's come out.
I specifically ask him if it was the a 6.0l just increased to a 6.4l and was told no it was not, it's a new design. We'll see.

Sure looks like the same thing but, I'm sure somethings different like either the head, head gasket or milling. The picture I saw was with the engine alone, no comparison and from a slight distance, 12 to 15 feet away.

vermoeide_zwerver

Reaction score
I can't imagine that they will build a new engine from the ground up, it just seems too expensive, but if they do and it is a whole new design, you could not get me close to one at least for the first 12-14 months. ;Really

Mastertech

Car Doc
Reaction score
vermoeide_zwerver said:
I can't imagine that they will build a new engine from the ground up, it just seems too expensive, but if they do and it is a whole new design, you could not get me close to one at least for the first 12-14 months. ;Really

I would be surprised also. But one thing is for sure, time will tell if it's a new design or not.