What are these wires for?

Reaction score
This is a military tugger we just got recently. I do not know the year but I am assuming it is a first generation. Can some one tell me what these wires are for that are hanging? Could this be why the truck turns over but will not start? Is something missing here that might also be part of the problem?

Attachments

• 8211665.jpg
    8211665.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Unknown wires.jpg
    Unknown wires.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 15

Exekiel69

Reaction score
To start the engine the only thing You need is 12v to the IP (since You said it does turn over). The terminal is on top of a 1" nut on the back of the engine. The wires You pictured look like the ones on ford with the flasher for the turning light, etc.

You lucky, I've looked on those auctions for a first gen for a while and they are always private auctions :mad:

Reaction score
I figured it it turns over and is getting fuel that is all that should matter. But this is my first Cummins so I was not sure.

Begle1

Reaction score
The only thing that you need to do to keep the engine running is to put 12 volts to the shut-off solenoid, which is a stud on top of the injection pump, on the back the aneroid, with one wire going to it.

The wires in the picture control almost everything in the truck...

MMeier

Reaction score
Looks like a fuse box to me. :dunno Goes under that piece directly under the steering column.