What about a day cruise to the national air and space museum ?

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Sounds good Rob. Hell, I might even have the truck on the road by then. :rolleyes:

Are you thinking a Saturday afternoon?

We should plan another Jimmy Cone event. I know you guys like to do that closer to Fall. Weather has been a little dicey so the turnouts at the local cruises have been pretty hit and miss so far. I haven't figured out yet which weekends they are on over there.

Yeah a Saturday works well. That would be August 6th I guess. Man its going to be hot as Hades out LOL. We can do a quick line up of the trucks for a picture (your's included ;Poke ) and run inside for AC cover.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I just realized that the first Saturday in August is no good for me. (the 6th) I might be able to pull off the 7th. Or I'll need to do another weekend if it needs to be a Saturday. Thoughts?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
We should be available either day that weekend. I would prefer a Saturday but Sunday is fine to.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
We should be available either day that weekend. I would prefer a Saturday but Sunday is fine to.

Yeah, I'd prefer a Saturday myself... Any other weekends work for everybody?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm always a crap shoot but I'm close enough I can do Saturday or Sunday. Don't plan around me though. I don't currently have anything on the calendar for most of July (except I hope a rally appearance) or up to mid August or June for that matter work demands not withstanding.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Saturday is better for me since I get the kids on Friday eve and return on Sunday eve, but Sunday could work. It is a crap shot with me also since Stephanie seems to plan things and then I get the "Oh, by the way, I know it is your weekend but..."

I know we (Erica and me) will be taking Doug on a small (tour, not the schools) college campus tour this summer, (Bucknell and PSU) but that is not nailed down. later in August they will be going away with Stephanie before school (Myrtle Beach if I had to guess)

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Ok, so it sounds like we all prefer a Saturday. and Aug 6th would have been perfect till I effed it up. Seems like we should plan around @subway since he has a hard stop in mid August? We could do July 30th, its just kind of close to the rally, not sure if that bothers anyone.

subway

Reaction score
July 30 could work for me to. I do have a hard stop mid august but don't hold the group for me.

subway

Reaction score
Bump, anyone?

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Yeah, lets lock this in.

• July 30th. Meet at 12pm at the Wawa and or Chic-fila that is just on the other side of the highway from the museum.
  • wawa and chic-fila address is 3450 Historic Sully Way, Chantilly, VA 20151
  • (There is a cafeteria inside the museum, but the food is really overpriced for what it is). The wawa sells diesel at every pump, and the food is pretty good too. So some of us could get wawa food, and sneak it into the Chic-fila, and others can just get fila. So we meet up, have some eats, fuel up if needed, then head across the highway to the museum.
  • museum address is 14390 Air and Space Museum Parkway Chantilly, Virginia 20151
  • The museum closes 5:30 pm. I have a bunch of FRS radios that ill bring so we can keep tabs on one another. I'm sure we may end up seperated while we are in there, but as the day goes on, it would be good to make sure we all meet up in the parking lot whenever we decide so we can see everyone off.

Is everyone coming bobtail? or is anyone gonna haul anything? If you are going to be towing, let me know so I can scope out the whole situation for you. Does anyone want to see or do anything else while you are down here?

subway

Reaction score
Sounds good, would just be the truck with family inside for me.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I can swing it, it will be family and a turbo Ford... just not sure which one yet. ;Really

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to do it. It would be cool if we could pick a Saturday that has a Jimmy Cone in it. That way, we could do the museum during the day and convoy to the Jimmy Cone that evening. Jimmy Cone's are first and third Saturday.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
That's a cool idea Mel. We may have to pass on it this year though, coordinating schedules has been rough, and July 30 is the only date I could come up with that kinda works.
I was hoping to finalize things for this meet at the rally.
All:
See post 26 for the latest agenda. It would be good to get folks to start weighing in on whether or not they plan to show.
so far we have
laserjock as a definite maybe
pafixitman as a definite maybe
subway looks like he is in
f350camper ( me) is in
Double-S-Diesel is in.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01